Esteemed Contributor

I recently got my first pair of NYDJ jeans, after saying I would never spend that much for a pair of jeans.  But the style, relaxed slender, A552499 really appealed to me.  I told myself that if I did not love them immediately, I would return them.  Well, I love them.  The fit is perfect.

Only thing is, instructions say to line dry.  Well, I washed them and hung them up.  It was taking forever for them to dry.  I did put them in the dryer for about 10 minutes on low to speed that up, and they seem fine.

Why do you think they are line dry only?  Does it say that on all styles?  I am just concerned what would happen to them if I forget to hang them up and they go through a full dryer cycle.

Those that have these, what do you do?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Re: NYDJ JEANS - QUESTION

[ Edited ]

I have a lot of the NYDJ brand and I never dry any blouse or jean all the way in the dryer.  I tend to baby my clothes.  If they go in the dryer, it's just for a few minutes to get some wrinkles out and then I hang to dry for the rest of the time.  I have a floor fan that I sometimes point at the hanging item.

Honored Contributor

Re: NYDJ JEANS - QUESTION

[ Edited ]

I never put anything with high elastic content in the dryer, including bras and shapers.  Heat will eventually destroy elastic.  If you spend that much for jeans, you want to have them for a long time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Exactly, and that is why. Goes same for bras, panties, and knits which should be washed delicate inside out and line dried to avoid any shrinkage and pilling. 

Esteemed Contributor

I do line dry my underwear and bras.  But a lot of my other clothes have spandex and elastane in them, and they all go in the dryer.  I have a lot of denim and co. that have stretch.  They are fine in the dryer.

If this is just the case of the jeans "wearing out" sooner, that is one thing.  If they are going to fall apart or massively shrink, that is something else.

I ususally only wear my jeans once and then wash them.  I really like these jeans, but I don't want to avoid wearing them because I don't then want them hanging in my shower for 3 days for them to dry.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

The dryer is not a friend to many fabrics, I basically only dry sheets & towels.

Respected Contributor

I put mine in the dryer.  Nothing bad has happened yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

I put mine in the dryer.  Nothing bad has happened yet.

@RollTide2008 Thank you!  I was hoping someone would write that!

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips    It's the elastomultiester which is a stretchy polyester fiber.  They use it because it doesn't bag out.  Its recommended that it not be machine dried.

Jamie's are always a style you can trust! We can't stop wearing these classic high waisted skinny jeans in mid blue power stretch denim. Perfect paired with a go-to t-shirt of your choice. 92% Cotton 5% Elastomultiester 3% Elastane. Machine wash. 02 F54 RMDT Waist circumference x Hip circumference x Length 24 (24" x 32" x 32") 25 (25" x 33" x 32") 26 (26" x 34" x 32") 28 (28" x 36" x 32") 30 (30" x 38" x 32") 32 (32" x 40" x 32") 34 (34" x 42" x 32") Machine wash standard Wash dark colours separately Wash denim and coated fabrics inside out Hand wash where possible Do not recommend tumble drying

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wash and dry everything except for dry clean only and haven't had any problems.