Honored Contributor

Re: NYC vs Florida....heat and humidity?

I never seem to mind the humidity on vacation. Lol
Esteemed Contributor

Totally agree with all comments about NYC in June. Heat and humidity bad in SC as well from May through October. Just go and have a great vacation - things are A/C so if you get hot duck into a cafe or store to cool down. New York is no where as bad in June.

Respected Contributor

Worst hair days ever in Florida and we have terrible humidity in Kansas.

My neighbor is considering moving to FL to retire. She said she could buy a mobile home for 10,000 in a retirement village near Clearwater/Tampa. That sounds wonderful to me. I don't know if this is true but it sounds tempting.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of posting personal address

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brii wrote:
I never seem to mind the humidity on vacation. Lol

@brii I never seem to mind it on vacation.........at the beach. lol 

Calgon take me away. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

Moved from the Poconos to Central Florida 3 yrs ago. (I realize I didn't like right IN NYC, and we're not IN Ft Lauderdale now..) DH and I continually marvel at how much more comfortable it is here. At his previous house in South Jersey, we'd be sweating in the few minutes it took him to smoke his cigar outside. Here, not a problem at all.

I always joke that he's a 'sweater' - he sweats if he thinks hard!! No problem with that at all down here.

Every single place on earth has it's 'hell' - you just have to figure out what you're better able to tolerate. I'd much rather be warm than shivering and not being able to get warm.

I'll take the HEAT - I don't have to shovel it or scrape it!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@Anita Bourbon wrote:
Nothing is as miserable as Florida. NYC isn't even comparable. I'd take New York on a bad day over Ft Lauderdale anyday.

ITA. I'd never live in Florida - don't find ANYTHING appealing about it.

Honored Contributor

Sadly, many people only know Florida by trips to Disney. Orlando is in central Florida and it is much more uncomfortable there than near the ocean. I live on the Gulf coast and , though it is very hot, we are never without our nice ocean breeze. The winds blow all the time, making it much more comfortable.

Trusted Contributor

@dionline wrote:

Moved from the Poconos to Central Florida 3 yrs ago. (I realize I didn't like right IN NYC, and we're not IN Ft Lauderdale now..) DH and I continually marvel at how much more comfortable it is here. At his previous house in South Jersey, we'd be sweating in the few minutes it took him to smoke his cigar outside. Here, not a problem at all.

I always joke that he's a 'sweater' - he sweats if he thinks hard!! No problem with that at all down here.

Every single place on earth has it's 'hell' - you just have to figure out what you're better able to tolerate. I'd much rather be warm than shivering and not being able to get warm.

I'll take the HEAT - I don't have to shovel it or scrape it!!!!

I agree. I live in Central Florida too! I love it.  I'm keeping an eye on TS Ericka though.

Esteemed Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@Anita Bourbon wrote:
Nothing is as miserable as Florida. NYC isn't even comparable. I'd take New York on a bad day over Ft Lauderdale anyday.

ITA. I'd never live in Florida - don't find ANYTHING appealing about it.

We lived in Florida for 10 years after growing up in the north. Living in Florida is like being on vacation 365 days a year.  It is hot but my garage was not full of cinders and salt, my car was not sliding on ice going up a hill, never missed the cold winters.  We had to move back to PA and I thought I would climb the walls in Jan and Feb. I had no idea growing up that there were places in the US where you didn't have to wear a coat over your Halloween costume or Easter dress!!!!