Honored Contributor

Re: NY on Pause to be Longer that May 15

stay at home orders......

delaware is now through may 31st.

maryland is indefinite as of now.

A map of the US cities and states under lockdown — and those that are reopening

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-map-stay-at-home-orders-lockdowns-2020-3

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Deree wrote:

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Deree wrote:

Under the extremely difficult circumstances of being a densely populated coastal city and international hub our Governor has been an exemplary leader with his intelligence, common sense, and compassion.  Thanks to him (and most NYers) NY has brought down the curve albeit slowly.  The Governor understands that you have to be prudent in how you open the state and how quickly you do it.  If not done properly you will easily reverse all the weeks of sacrifice and hard work.  I thank him for being smarter than most and caring about his state.

Of course there's an entire state attached to that populated coastal city. Not that we matter much. 

@pigletsmom  If you reread my post I first referred to NYC to make a point of the most difficult circumstances and because that's where I live.  Then I referred to the state as a whole.  Read. And stop taking things so personally.

Well you seemed to say that the governor has to be very prudent about opening the state because of one huge city. But I admit to be a little sensitive to the subject of the governor. A guy who dodges a question about sending sick patients and workers to nursing homes by reminding them that he can pull their license and hit them with fines. Not that that behavior is new or shocking to me, it's just interesting to see it praised.

In the meantime maybe they could put out a coherent statement on what's going on.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised that he is not keeping at least NYC shut down. I'm in N AL and we are just now beginning to open up. In my 4 county area there have only been a total of 4 deaths, so compared to NYC you would think we would be opening up a LOT quicker.  

Cuomo did a great job of whining and being the squeaky wheel.  He basically wanted the Federal government to send New York their entire stockpile of ventilators.  Kept saying "we're not going to have enough."  Well, guess what?  They did get enough from the Federal government without getting their entire stockpile.  And now he's continuing to whine about the state's financial situation and the how the Federal government needs to help.  He got a ship.  He got help from Samaritan's purse.  He had the Javits center, but all of that is not enough.  And now he's going to tax all those people who came to help including Samaritan's purse.  Not just for the the income they made while working in NY, but for a year afterwards.  Oh, but if the Feds will cough up the money he'll consider not taxing those people.  Where does Cuomo think Federal money comes from.....the taxpayers.  His is not the only state with a financial problem due to this virus.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I'm surprised that he is not keeping at least NYC shut down. I'm in N AL and we are just now beginning to open up. In my 4 county area there have only been a total of 4 deaths, so compared to NYC you would think we would be opening up a LOT quicker.  

Cuomo did a great job of whining and being the squeaky wheel.  He basically wanted the Federal government to send New York their entire stockpile of ventilators.  Kept saying "we're not going to have enough."  Well, guess what?  They did get enough from the Federal government without getting their entire stockpile.  And now he's continuing to whine about the state's financial situation and the how the Federal government needs to help.  He got a ship.  He got help from Samaritan's purse.  He had the Javits center, but all of that is not enough.  And now he's going to tax all those people who came to help including Samaritan's purse.  Not just for the the income they made while working in NY, but for a year afterwards.  Oh, but if the Feds will cough up the money he'll consider not taxing those people.  Where does Cuomo think Federal money comes from.....the taxpayers.  His is not the only state with a financial problem due to this virus.

@Icegoddess  Well , I guess you are in the know. Are you one of his assistants? I think he's doing a great job. Hoping he would run for office soon. 

Honored Contributor

I live in NYC I knew the governor was going to extend the stay. I hate this I can't wait for the day when things will slowly loosen up. 

Honored Contributor

I am wondering about this new infection that children in NY are experiencing? I believe there has been one death so far and they believe the illness is relayed to the virus, but the kids test negative for Covid-19...maybe it is another strain of it
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

Not everyone in N Y State is from New York city! We live in the "real" upstate N Y. It's very rural. We are 20 minutes to the Canadian border. If you look at a map it's the far right tip. He needs to open very low counties slowly. We have had low numbers all along & it has gone way down. Not even many were hospitalized! One size doesn't fit all!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess  Well , I guess you are in the know. Are you one of his assistants? I think he's doing a great job. Hoping he would run for office soon. 

Well I did watch his daily news conferences.  And as far as taxing the medical personnel who came to help there's this:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickgleason/2020/05/08/andrew-cuomo-confirms-new-york-will-tax-out-o...

Valued Contributor

That's disgraceful!! When I heard about that I was horrified!! You can bet his Mother, Matilda isn't in a nursing home. Some didn't even come from a nursing home!!! He is going to be looked at for letting something like this happen. I'm from NY & he could care less about all the rural communities that are hurting! We are an 8 hour drive to NYC!!