Esteemed Contributor

Re: NY on Pause to be Longer that May 15

Well ya, that's New York. The center of the virus spread. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Firefly901 wrote:

We need to stand back and look at the big issues here.  We don't need to get distracted by side issues.  Trillions of dollars are needed now for state and local government, for individuals, and businesses.  The kind of money only Congress can create.  And creating money is easy compared to the difficult job of controlling or preventing this virus from killing us.  This side issue needs to simply be given to their legislature to solve. We don't have time for little divisive stuff.  The clock is ticking.  If the 2.4 million American death projections are still in play, many of us won't be here next year to pay taxes.

Really...create money....that is not a side issue. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

Extortion? That cracked me up. I thought we all knew how deals are made. It's always a give and take. It's like making sausage: You never want to know what went into it.

None of the matters now. What matters is that states will go under without help. And by "states," I'm referring to millions and millions of people.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Grateful for our state leadership.  A herculean task.

As of May 11, 2020  Bringing down the curve.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

@ECBG.. NY and NJ are the biggest hot spots in the US. I will not be surprised if the date gets pushed out even more. NYC and it’s suburbs (where I live) are all under a tight watch.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Parts of NY state will begin to reopen. In NJ, the governor will announce later this week what parts of the state will start reopening.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:
Parts of NY state will begin to reopen. In NJ, the governor will announce later this week what parts of the state will start reopening.

@lulu1  Yes, I saw the map of NY and the sections that should open by the end of the week. I thought where my friends live in the North Country section all the way at the top of the state would surely open, but no it isn't.

Of course my area of NY is not opening.

Did you see the Senator in NJ that wants people to rebel and open their stores? It is in an area I am from and according to FB in the area everyone is gung ho to lead the rebellion.