Honored Contributor

NY on Pause extended until May 15

[ Edited ]

The end date was extended for another two weeks, will there be another extension after this one 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: NY on Pause until May 15

Smart move by the governor.  Last thing we need is to open everything too soon only to have another surge of this virus.  It's a very lonely time, but, staying safe is the only option.

Trusted Contributor

Re: NY on Pause extended until May 15

I agree, a smart move.

Our son and his family are in San Francisco, and they have not visited us in a couple of months.  We text daily.

He and his wife are fortunate to be able to work from home.

Our governor is doing a good job, and I am thankful for his

leadership.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxoxII so appreciate the measured and fact-based pace the NY governor is using as he takes his state through crisis day after crisis day.  No pretense that it's all going to go away and be perfect, no push at those of us not comfortable with resuming our prior lives too soon.   No trying to convince me I'm safe and plenty of tests have proven that.

I'm in Palm Beach Country and we're number 2.  Sadly, being #2 when we're counting cases of infection and death is pretty ugly.

Still, what I'd originally planned for this week was to organize for a trip north to Long Island beginning next week, and that's not happening either.  Even with the respect I have for the governor, that feels to me like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.  I do hope I can keep the new reservation for mid-June.  That's as positive as I can get for today!

Honored Contributor

I am glad for common sense, intelligence and decisions which are being made to protect the people, bottom line.

For the governors who refuse to close down or extend close down, they are arrogant, ignorant and dangerous to each and every person in their states.  

I am very much aware of why too and am sorry for those citizens who do not understand the seriousness of this pandemic no matter where they live.

Honored Contributor

N.J. is also on pause till 5/15.  Governor indicated, N.J. cannot re-open until help from the FEDs to get testing for "everyone."  He wants all the spreaders, positives, negatives, identified.   He also wants to set up a "trace" task force.

Our governor has a "Knuckle Head Hall Of Fame" as part of his daily briefings. Smiley LOL

Today it was all the grocery stores in N.J. whos employees do not wear masks or gloves which is  NOW a State law.

Hanover nursing home(s).  Bodies piled up, shortage of staff, high deaths.  Most caused by Covid-19 all had underlying medical issues, etc.  Owner (appears to be only 1) has to now report to the health department every day.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Considering just yesterday 700 more people died in NY, I would say this was smart.

This city has seen over 10,000 deaths. These arent just numbers to their families.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

N.J. is also on pause till 5/15.  Governor indicated, N.J. cannot re-open until help from the FEDs to get testing for "everyone."  He wants all the spreaders, positives, negatives, identified.   He also wants to set up a "trace" task force.

Our governor has a "Knuckle Head Hall Of Fame" as part of his daily briefings. Smiley LOL

Today it was all the grocery stores in N.J. whos employees do not wear masks or gloves which is  NOW a State law.

Hanover nursing home(s).  Bodies piled up, shortage of staff, high deaths.  Most caused by Covid-19 all had underlying medical issues, etc.  Owner (appears to be only 1) has to now report to the health department every day.

i didn't know you lived in NJ

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

The governor is having the attorney general  investigate this facility

Trusted Contributor

@lianne wrote:

Considering just yesterday 700 more people died in NY, I would say this was smart.

This city has seen over 10,000 deaths. These arent just numbers to their families.

I'm not sure the entire state needs to live under thet same tight rules. Our hospitals are going broke and people aren't getting the care they need.