Respected Contributor

Re: NY Westchester Cty Virus spike

I saw that on TV, I graduated from the College of New Rochelle. I lived in New Rochelle for 5 years. It is about 15 miles from Manhattan. 1/2 hour in by train. I cannot believe New Rochelle is the epicenter of the NY outbreak but it is. 

Honored Contributor

@conlt 

The epicenter is at the other end of New Rochelle closer to Scarsdale and Eatchester, I know it well unfortunately I live in one of the adjacent communities

@conlt wrote:

I saw that on TV, I graduated from the College of New Rochelle. I lived in New Rochelle for 5 years. It is about 15 miles from Manhattan. 1/2 hour in by train. I cannot believe New Rochelle is the epicenter of the NY outbreak but it is. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox I know, I saw the perimeter line on TV. I have not been to New Rochelle for about 15 years. Unfortunately, the college closed last year because the comptroller hid the fact that payroll taxes, vendors, etc. were not paid. I was in the first nursing school class at CNR. It was wonderful place to be back then. My friend tells me I just want to remember New Rochelle as it was. I guess she implied that there is a lot of crime there. 

We used to go all over that area. North Ave near Iona was always a hot spot. White Plains. Those were fun years. 

Honored Contributor

I am over 60 but I am also healthy. I resent the warnings on tv that make it sound like if you are over 60 you are a sitting duck and will likely have a “poor outcome” if you catch the virus. Caution is good, but comments like those just spread panic, the last thing anyone needs and the very reason so many store shelves are empty.
Respected Contributor

A friend of mine who works in Valhalla received an email yesterday from his Corporate office, that the office will be closed because an employee has been diagnosed w/CoronaVirus. Also, the same nite, he received an addl email from his dr office in White Plains, that a dr in the group has been diagnosed. What a mess..☹️🙏
Honored Contributor

@conlt 

Interesting we moved up here 15 years ago and I feel that that area of New Rochelle has improved greatly, many new resturants in the area.

@conlt wrote:

@I am still oxox I know, I saw the perimeter line on TV. I have not been to New Rochelle for about 15 years. Unfortunately, the college closed last year because the comptroller hid the fact that payroll taxes, vendors, etc. were not paid. I was in the first nursing school class at CNR. It was wonderful place to be back then. My friend tells me I just want to remember New Rochelle as it was. I guess she implied that there is a lot of crime there. 

We used to go all over that area. North Ave near Iona was always a hot spot. White Plains. Those were fun years. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox @How are things near the zone?  There is no policing function with the national guard but some people have found it unnerving.  The cleaning will take place over the next two weeks.  I hope the businesses can survive in the zone.

Governor says the numbers are increasing daily, unfortunately.  I don’t know if containment and mitigation will help but I hope so.  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp 

The zone is one block from me and it will not start until tomorrow, I am going to do my best to stay out of the area 

@Snoopp wrote:

@I am still oxox @How are things near the zone?  There is no policing function with the national guard but some people have found it unnerving.  The cleaning will take place over the next two weeks.  I hope the businesses can survive in the zone.

Governor says the numbers are increasing daily, unfortunately.  I don’t know if containment and mitigation will help but I hope so.  

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

re businesses, hopefully the economic package being put together which includes small business will help folks out. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Sounds like someone is enjoying all the excitement.....

-----

Not exciting, but scary. On another thread, a poster said she was watching neighbors in her building break the containment. To me, that's irresponsible behavior @chrystaltree . Too bad there is no such thing as a time-out for adults because they deserve it.