Esteemed Contributor

NY Westchester Cty Virus spike

National Guard is now being brought in to help shut down facilities and schools in New Rochelle.  It’s a hot zone.

Honored Contributor

Re: NY Westchester Cty Virus spike

Not exactly there is a 1 square mile of containment, places of large assembly will be closed for the next two weeks, this does not include restaurants and supermarket.

The published map is very difficult to read I am either right on the border or adjacent to the area of containment

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Not exactly there is a 1 square mile of containment, places of large assembly will be closed for the next two weeks, this does not include restaurants and supermarket.

The published map is very difficult to read I am either right on the border or adjacent to the area of containment

Yes, you're right.  National Guard will clean facilities and deliver food.  No large gathering facilities.  They won't close any streets they say or restrict travel.  There are 108 cases in Westchester County.

NJ had its first patient with the virus pass away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sounds like someone is enjoying all the excitement.....

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree @What are you really trying to say but are afraid to?

Honored Contributor

The border for the area of containment is 1 block from where I live, no matter what we are keeping out of that area in the next for the next few weeks. One of the restaurants we go to and order from is right across the street from Iona College, which has been closed for few weeks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nevermind.  I get it but it's not worth it.
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Believe me, it is not exciting.  I live in Westchester County and am so afraid that I will catch the virus.  I am living in fear now even though I am a healthy person.  I am not that far from the city of New Rochelle, known as "The Queen of the Sound."

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Sounds like someone is enjoying all the excitement.....

What do mean, @chrystaltree. I think that it would wise for you to clarify; otherwise, I take it as very nasty stab at some poster.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

glad to hear they are jumping on this aggressively.  and i imagine they can learn alot from this.  the community can only end up safer.