Respected Contributor

It was exciting when the young man needed a new heart, and one came available. They showed how big his diseased heart was, really big, and when we watched as the surgeon kind of stuffed the new one in. Then waiting for the new one to start beating and the shocks, it can't get much more real than that.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor
On 7/4/2014 Mama Mia said:

It was exciting when the young man needed a new heart, and one came available. They showed how big his diseased heart was, really big, and when we watched as the surgeon kind of stuffed the new one in. Then waiting for the new one to start beating and the shocks, it can't get much more real than that.

mm

My own heart was in my throat. It is not unlike this program to show the unhappy endings.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I really like it, too. Watched the first season as well. As already mentioned, Dr. Oz isn't on all that often. I like how the show also includes a little bit of some of the staff's personal lives, too - the most recent episode showed a little part of one of the two wedding ceremonies the two doctors had (one doctor is Korean, and the other is Indian, and they showed part of the Korean ceremony). Last season they showed a little snippet of one of the nurses moving out of her apartment after her relationship was ending, partly because her job was so demanding. Lots of other little personal snippets last season, too, and although I can't recall each one right now, I remember they were interesting, and added to the show.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor
On 7/4/2014 i like celery said:

I really like it, too. Watched the first season as well. As already mentioned, Dr. Oz isn't on all that often. I like how the show also includes a little bit of some of the staff's personal lives, too - the most recent episode showed a little part of one of the two wedding ceremonies the two doctors had (one doctor is Korean, and the other is Indian, and they showed part of the Korean ceremony). Last season they showed a little snippet of one of the nurses moving out of her apartment after her relationship was ending, partly because her job was so demanding. Lots of other little personal snippets last season, too, and although I can't recall each one right now, I remember they were interesting, and added to the show.

I like those snippets too, also saw the wedding, her dress was gorgeous!The first show this year the blonde nurse, Katie Lee, got fired for showing some private information, then later said she was already hired at another hospital, as an ER nurse. I always liked her.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor
On 7/4/2014 RINGER said: I too don't like Dr. Oz but this is a great show--much like Emergency ER on the discovery channel. I am also enjoying Night Shift which so far has not been cancelled but you never know. There is another medical show in the pipe line coming end of July, but don't know the name. They never should have gotten rid of Monday Mornings!!

Monday Mornings was one of my favorite shows and I was sorry to see it go too!! Am liking this Med show...some of those patients are unreal!! The staff do have a lot of patience and compassion!!

Respected Contributor
On 7/4/2014 Mama Mia said:
On 7/4/2014 i like celery said:

I like those snippets too, also saw the wedding, her dress was gorgeous!The first show this year the blonde nurse, Katie Lee, got fired for showing some private information, then later said she was already hired at another hospital, as an ER nurse. I always liked her.

mm

I like her, too, and glad they later showed her working at the other hospital. I know she shared a pic on social media of a somewhat chaotic-looking empty room after an emergency, but I missed how it was considered offensive. It didn't appear to breach privacy/confidentiality or show anything shocking, but perhaps I missed something. Even her text included with the pic didn't seem offensive at all. I'm guessing the hospital (like many places of employment) has very strict rules regarding sharing on social media, but again I may have missed something. Anyway, hope we get to see her again from time to time. I think that hospital is one of the main hospitals they include in this series, so hopefully we'll see her!

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor
On 7/4/2014 Cakers1 said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Ford - enjoy if you like it, but I do not like Dr. Oz at all.

He's a hack.

Honored Contributor

It's about as real as any of those horrid housewife shows or Kate and her brood or those bachelor shows. In a way it's worse because that Oz hypocrite is in it.

Honored Contributor
On 7/4/2014 Ford1224 said:

Think what you will about Dr. Oz, but this is a great program. I won't call it a "show," because it's all real reality. I watched it last year and was hoping they would bring it back.

Most watchable show of the summer, by far.

We DVR'd it and my wife and I both enjoyed this show. We also like Grey's Anatomy.

Not one that considers shows like Wipeout reality, but I guess some do as it is still on.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor
On 7/4/2014 hckynut said:
On 7/4/2014 Ford1224 said:

Think what you will about Dr. Oz, but this is a great program. I won't call it a "show," because it's all real reality. I watched it last year and was hoping they would bring it back.

Most watchable show of the summer, by far.

We DVR'd it and my wife and I both enjoyed this show. We also like Grey's Anatomy.

Not one that considers shows like Wipeout reality, but I guess some do as it is still on.

OMG, me neither. I can't believe people watch stuff like this. I can't stand them.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986