Respected Contributor

Re: NY Declares State of Emergency - Corona Virus

JMO ~ "When" the Test Kits finally show up?  The US Map is going to light up like a Christmas Tree!  Smiley Sad

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

I have a "hunch" things are going to go this way.

I live in a city with a lot of back and forth to China.  Also, much world travel.  I can't believe there isn't community virus here.  However, the whole state is supposed to be free.  Nah.

@KarenQVC they need to COMPLETELY STOP travel to & from China!!!! China Caused all this & need to be punished!!!

@January121 It's probably too late.  The time to do that was when our country originally found out and that's several weeks ago now. This deadly virus has now spread to too many countries and can't be contained anymore.

I'm angry too. My dad, who's a WWII vet, will almost certainly die if he's exposed.  He lives in a nursing home but we take him out several times a week because he's bored there.  He needs 24/7 supervision due to his age but he's doing fairly well considering he's in his 90s. 

So, yeah, when I think about this virus spreading across our country now, it scares me and also makes me mad. If this virus gets into his NH, there's going to be a lot of deaths as these folks are so very vulnerable.  And in reality, how can it be prevented from entering?  It will only take one person, maybe who is in the 2 week incubation when no symptoms are present, to infect one NH person and it's all over.  I'm not kidding myself.  It's only a matter of time..... 

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

I live in a city with a lot of back and forth to China.  Also, much world travel.  I can't believe there isn't community virus here.  However, the whole state is supposed to be free.  Nah.

@KarenQVC they need to COMPLETELY STOP travel to & from China!!!! China Caused all this & need to be punished!!!

@January121, China as a country did not purposely let a virus loose to wreak havoc. They have been horribly affected by this and neither deserve or should get any punishment.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@MarieIG wrote:

I would liked to have heard how many hospital beds are available for quarenteed patients; and what is the plan to protect NYC subway riders.

I went to an urgent care ealier today, was diagnosed with a viral syndrome, and told to call my primary care on Monday.  I was asked if I had been out of the country in the last two weeks.  (My vitals were still good so no immediate danger.)  The chances are I will recover within a week to ten days. The place was packed. 

I don't see how there can be a plan for the subway outside of shutting it down. 

@pigletsmom- oh have no fear. Today a man sprayed a fellow subway rider, who happened to be Asian, with Febreze. This is the mentality we're dealing with. I can't even imagine what is going to happen in the future.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

@January121, China as a country did not purposely let a virus loose to wreak havoc. They have been horribly affected by this and neither deserve or should get any punishment.

And people of Chinese heritage should not be targeted or blamed because of their race.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kalli wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

@January121 It's probably too late.  The time to do that was when our country originally found out and that's several weeks ago now. This deadly virus has now spread to too many countries and can't be contained anymore.

I'm angry too. My dad, who's a WWII vet, will almost certainly die if he's exposed.  He lives in a nursing home but we take him out several times a week because he's bored there.  He needs 24/7 supervision due to his age but he's doing fairly well considering he's in his 90s. 

So, yeah, when I think about this virus spreading across our country now, it scares me and also makes me mad. If this virus gets into his NH, there's going to be a lot of deaths as these folks are so very vulnerable.  And in reality, how can it be prevented from entering?  It will only take one person, maybe who is in the 2 week incubation when no symptoms are present, to infect one NH person and it's all over.  I'm not kidding myself.  It's only a matter of time..... 

@Kalli  ..... I feel your pain & know how difficult it is dealing with older parents ... my husband died a few years ago ... he was in a brain injury facility for almost 20 years & very frail ..... if he was still alive he would never be able to survive this virus if he was exposed to it ... I will say a prayer for your father ....may God bless & protect him🙏

Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

@January121  ITA...it just doesn't make sense to keep allowing people to go back and forth. Unreal. Well, thanks to our government (or lack of rather) I feel like we're all doomed. I will be honest I"m scared to death over this. Absolutely terrified and I don't care to admit it. I am worried about my dad who is 65. I'm worried about my kids, etc...heck I'm worried about you all too!! I've just had to tell myself there isn't anything I can do other than what I've always done which is wash my hands, cough in elbow (crease of arm) and just be on guard germ wise. Also, I HAVE to work. NO other option. I live from paycheck to 4 days before the next paycheck....I don't have insurance, no sick time, etc...my job just doesn't offer anything other than insurance but it's so expensive I cannot afford it.

If I don't have a paycheck, we don't eat or have a roof over our heads. So the reality of this whole thing is pretty scary. Also, I'm worried about the disruption of supplies (meds mostly) that this will cause/is already causing. I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but I don't see this ending any other way.

I knew this was going to spread rapidly and that is what we are now seeing :-(

@BrandiDavis  ..... I wish you the best ... hopefully God will watch over us all 🙏🙏

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@Kalli wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

@Kalli  ..... I feel your pain & know how difficult it is dealing with older parents ... my husband died a few years ago ... he was in a brain injury facility for almost 20 years & very frail ..... if he was still alive he would never be able to survive this virus if he was exposed to it ... I will say a prayer for your father ....may God bless & protect him🙏

@January121 that's very kind of you.  Thank you!  I appreciate your prayers for my dad.  

So sorry about your husband.  I can't even imagine how challenging it must have been for both of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

And people of Chinese heritage should not be targeted or blamed because of their race.  

@Linmo  .... Why are you defending them???? .. as far as I am concerned it’s all their fault!!!! .... if you are an American then worry about the American people & not the people that created & caused this.