Esteemed Contributor

So sorry for your loss.....

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is religious

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for such a great loss to you @vicki is ok.

I remember your name because I like the sound of it.

Vicki is ok.

But I know you don't feel ok at all right now and I do think it is shock.

Just so hard to imagine how everything keeps happening around you when someone you have loved and lived with is not there.

I hope that you will feel him in your life and heart and take all the comfort and love you can from the ones who love you and take all the time you need to feel like Vicki is ok again.

My mother joined a bereavement group when her husband died and said it meant the world to her. She still remains friends with that group today.

I could never imagine myself doing this but I have heard so many say it helps so much. But take your time to do whatever you need to do especially if it is just nothing.It takes time and healing to imagine a new world without someone so dear to you. I hope you find all the comfort and love surrounding you that is there from those who love you.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

You have had your world turned upside down, so very sorry for you and your daughter. Hospice will be checking in on you. They also offer some type of program for dealing with what has happened. You may need medication to get you through this. Unfortunately, being responsible for your daughter, you have to keep things going and move forward with the everyday things you might not feel like doing. I too have a disabled 22 year old daughter so I somewhat know your position. I could not do what I do without the support of my husband. Please keep us posted. 

Honored Contributor

@vicki is ok- I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your husband.  Sending my deepest sympathies to you and your daughter.

I think feeling numb is absolutely normal.  Maybe it's your body's way of protecting you.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I too, am very sorry for your loss.  Know we're thinking of you and your family. I think what you are going through is part of the process we go through.  My best to you and yours.

Honored Contributor

You went from what you hoped was a treatable illness to hospice so that alone was a shock. I think your feelings are normal. It's probably best that you carry out your plan to move, but that will be another adjustment so be gentle on yourself as you get back on your feet.

Honored Contributor

@vicki is ok wrote:

I use to come in here all the time, but my husband became ill 4 months ago with what we thought was something he could get over(kidney issues). After a long 4 months he was told there was nothing they could do. We came home from hospital and went into Hospice.

Monday, Sept, 25th he passed away. I feel nothing now. No happiness, no pain, no hope. Is this normal? We were married 32 years and I try so hard to keep postive for our disabled daughter who is 23.

I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

@vicki is ok

My deepest condolences to you and your family.  You have been through such an ordeal and are suffering a terrible loss.  Any feeling that you have right now is normal. And you will have so many different ones.  The fact that your husband was ill for some time did in a way give you chance to do some grieving.  You, no doubt, have cired so many tears, that you are just worn out.  But I do think that what you are feeling is a type of shock.  Your body is in survival mode --- the best way it knows how to deal with such a horrible event.  You will go through many phases of grief before your release will come to you in a way that you feel is a catharsis of a type.  Blessings to you.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: NUMB TO EVERYTHING

[ Edited ]

So sorry for your loss.  Others have given great advice, be gentle with yourself during this challenging transition.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss, please give yourself time,

Image result for sending prayers images