Super Contributor

Re: NOW MORE NEW FACTS ABOUT BABY....

I'm waiting for warrants to be served on her...she has no spousal immunity from testifying against her husband under GA law and it will be interesting to see the charges they bring against her.

Respected Contributor

I believe the monster said that he was "calm" and the detective refuted that statement. Cooper had suffered greatly with abrasions on his head, face and was in the form of his car seat when he was taken out of the car.

Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 terrier3 said:
On 7/7/2014 raven-blackbird said:
On 7/7/2014 terrier3 said:

Facing backwards, the coward dad wouldn't have to see the dead child!

nope............just a pair of little legs no longer moving.............................raven

Didn't the mom (or maybe both) say they were frightened to see what he looked like dead?

I don't know which of them said it...........but like Hovermom said, he didn't mind the smell and even the cops noted the over powering smell and wondered how he could have driven to the mall parking lot before thinking something was not right.....now keep in mind, this was AFTER the doors on that car had been opened a while waiting for the cops to arrive............remember he did the call/text to his wife about picking Cooper up from day care.........IF you opened the door or your car and got the stench of your life, you'd just get in and drive right???????.........but he did......then waited till he got to a mall parking lot to put on the show of his life.........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 Hoovermom said:

I believe the monster said that he was "calm" and the detective refuted that statement. Cooper had suffered greatly with abrasions on his head, face and was in the form of his car seat when he was taken out of the car.

sure he was rigamortis had set in...................................raven

Valued Contributor

I've been trying to figure out how/why they were cramming him into a rear facing seat since I first heard the details. As I stated in an earlier thread, my nephew had to switch to a front facing seat at 10 mos, even though it wasn't legal. His legs were sticking up in the air. Now, this was 10 yrs ago so, maybe they have changed the seats. Back then, a 2 yr old wouldn't fit if the seat was facing back. The same seat could be legally used facing forward, you hooked it up differently. This detail has been bugging me all along.

Esteemed Contributor

I am just amazed and sad....just this week, we had TWO incidents of children left in hot cars! One was a little boy who was left by grandparents. His temp was 106 when he was taken out of the car. He is in hospital now and doing okay. The other, a little girl, who has passed away. Don 't know too much about the stories yet...everything is still being investigated! With all the information, news, media...how could this happen???

Honored Contributor

I remember the detective on the scene testifying in court, stating that they tried a dummy that was a little smaller than Cooper in the car seat and you could see the head above and also other body parts hanging out of the car seat! I also remember hearing that the when the police questioned the mother, she stated they had been using a bigger car seat/front forward, but had changed back to the back one recently!!!

The detective also said that they believe the child had been dead by 12:00, and probably was already smelling when he put the light bulbs in the car after lunch! Definitely was smelling when he got in around 4:15 - 4:30!!!

Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 garmer said:

I've been trying to figure out how/why they were cramming him into a rear facing seat since I first heard the details. As I stated in an earlier thread, my nephew had to switch to a front facing seat at 10 mos, even though it wasn't legal. His legs were sticking up in the air. Now, this was 10 yrs ago so, maybe they have changed the seats. Back then, a 2 yr old wouldn't fit if the seat was facing back. The same seat could be legally used facing forward, you hooked it up differently. This detail has been bugging me all along.

we had to switch "baby girl" to a front facing at 18 months........she just turned 2.......there is NO WAY she could fit in her rear facing car seat and she isn't a big girl, she's a bit of a shrimp.........but she still won't fit..........even if you took a rear facing and turned it forward.......their head and shoulders won't fit and their legs are hanging...........these people knew what they were doing.............when baby girl had to be in the rear facing, my one concern was always the sun beating down on her from the rear window........I put a film up to keep it off her..........................................raven

Respected Contributor

On 7/7/2014 corita said:

I am just amazed and sad....just this week, we had TWO incidents of children left in hot cars! One was a little boy who was left by grandparents. His temp was 106 when he was taken out of the car. He is in hospital now and doing okay. The other, a little girl, who has passed away. Don 't know too much about the stories yet...everything is still being investigated! With all the information, news, media...how could this happen???

It's pretty unthinkable. For me, forgetting my child in the car would be like forgetting my arm or my foot.

But who knows what goes on in people's minds.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

Again, it just tells me that they planned this all along. Cooper is really in a better place today. Now waiting for justice to be served.