Honored Contributor

Today marks the 58th year since the assassination of John F. Kennedy. A sad day for our country.  I'm 73 and remember it well.

Trusted Contributor

I was four when this happened and don't remember it at all.   

Honored Contributor

I was in the tenth grade and remember the announcement over the schools loud speaker.

Honored Contributor

I was two and living in California at the time from Texas with my family.  Mom told me of the people in the diner we were eating lunch at when the news came out.  Someone spotted our car with the Texas plates and wanted to know who it belonged to.  Mom and Dad said nothing but loaded my one year old brother and myself back in the car when they went back to watching the coverage on the Diner's television.  Mom said it was one of the scariest moments in her life when they asked who the car belonged to?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, we may never know the truth as to who else  was really involved in the assassination .   I saw another program being advertised  , so not sure if they have identified any  additional possible  culprits  from those  mentioned in other  prior TV  specials.

Respected Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

I was four when this happened and don't remember it at all.   

I was 30 yesrs old, and remember it too well. What a sad whole week . It was all  there was on TV. Just a crush on our nation. I didn't vote for him, but he was my President. We were all sick over it. Must never happen again.

Trusted Contributor

I was a junior in high school in Chicago when that happened. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

Esteemed Contributor

I  was in school - the 5th grade.  Another teacher came into our classroom, whispered to my teacher and they both started to cry.  An announcement came over the loudspeaker and we were sent home.  I remember my family being glued to the TV the whole weekend, seeing Jack Ruby shoot Oswald and the funeral.

In 1960, when JFK was campaigning in NYC, he spoke at a an outdoor rally near my home.   My father took me with him and we managed to stand up front.  JFK looked down at me and smiled.  I will never forget it.

Honored Contributor

I was only 4 years old when this happened, so no recollection of it....My brother and two older sisters, who were 14,15 and 16 were all sent home from school.....

Honored Contributor

I lived in Southern California my first 61 years and when he campaigned in that area my mom went to some event where he was and just gushed about how handsome she thought he was.