Super Contributor

Re: NOTRE DAME BURNS LIVE 850 YEARS OLD

Tragic... But live reports said that an hour and a half after smoke spotted in Tower..still no fire trucks on the scene....lots of questions to answer there...Hope evacuations are taking place....doesnt look like it is contained at all...

Regular Contributor

It is a part of our history being destroyed before our eyes it reminds me when the 

statute of Buddha was destroyed

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/flashback-the-destruction-of-the-buddhas-of-bamiyan-409457219869

I am not Catholic nor a Buddhist but these were a part of our world community before Notre Dame fire there has been Catholic church also damage by fire.

Love One Another!

Super Contributor

@Javala wrote:

It is a part of our history being destroyed before our eyes it reminds me when the 

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/flashback-the-destruction-of-the-buddhas-of-bamiyan-409457219869

I am not Catholic nor a Buddhist but these were a part of our world community before Notre Dame fire there has been Catholic church also damage by fire.

Love One Another!

I also remember when the Taliban blew apart the standing Buddhas-heartwrenching, just as this loss of Notre Dame is.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Javala wrote:

Love One Another!

I also remember when the Taliban blew apart the standing Buddhas-heartwrenching, just as this loss of Notre Dame is.

Which is why absolutely nothing should be ruled out with this fire.  I would think that there would have been the most stringent precautions taken when work of any type was done in this building.  The cathedral was a target of threats in the past.  The timing is just too concidental with this being Holy Week.

Honored Contributor

The mods shut the other thread down and they should shut this one down too because it's lapsing into bizarre conspiracy theories that have no basis in reality.

Honored Contributor

I just found out about this about 15 minutes ago. So sad and tragic. A great loss to the world.    

Honored Contributor

Really a loss , perhaps they can save part of it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Tragic.  So incomprehensibly sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

People are singing hymns in front of the cathedral.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Javala wrote:

Love One Another!

Which is why absolutely nothing should be ruled out with this fire.  I would think that there would have been the most stringent precautions taken when work of any type was done in this building.  The cathedral was a target of threats in the past.  The timing is just too concidental with this being Holy Week.

@Tyak wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Javala wrote:

Love One Another!

@Tyak 

Are you suggesting the fire is an act of terrorism ?  Especially this being Holy Week?