Respected Contributor

Re: NOTRE DAME BURNS LIVE 850 YEARS OLD

A great symbol and historic monument is being lost in front of our eyes!

What a tragedy to see this treasure destroyed.

It is truly heartbreaking.

Blessings to all.

Esteemed Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Javala wrote:

It is a part of our history being destroyed before our eyes it reminds me when the 

statute of Buddha was destroyed

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/flashback-the-destruction-of-the-buddhas-of-bamiyan-409457219869

I am not Catholic nor a Buddhist but these were a part of our world community before Notre Dame fire there has been Catholic church also damage by fire.

Love One Another!

I also remember when the Taliban blew apart the standing Buddhas-heartwrenching, just as this loss of Notre Dame is.

Which is why absolutely nothing should be ruled out with this fire.  I would think that there would have been the most stringent precautions taken when work of any type was done in this building.  The cathedral was a target of threats in the past.  The timing is just too concidental with this being Holy Week.

@Tyak wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Javala wrote:

It is a part of our history being destroyed before our eyes it reminds me when the 

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/flashback-the-destruction-of-the-buddhas-of-bamiyan-409457219869

I am not Catholic nor a Buddhist but these were a part of our world community before Notre Dame fire there has been Catholic church also damage by fire.

Love One Another!

I also remember when the Taliban blew apart the standing Buddhas-heartwrenching, just as this loss of Notre Dame is.

Which is why absolutely nothing should be ruled out with this fire.  I would think that there would have been the most stringent precautions taken when work of any type was done in this building.  The cathedral was a target of threats in the past.  The timing is just too concidental with this being Holy Week.

@Tyak 

Are you suggesting the fire is an act of terrorism ?  Especially this being Holy Week?

@EatWell 

Yup.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

My heart is heavy and I can't watch the coverage.

I saw it in the late 90s and loved it - I'm not relegious but spiritual and found the cathedral magnificent. Climbed to the top and hung with the gargoyles. 

Prayers ...

Super Contributor

Such a sad, sad day.  

Esteemed Contributor

It's very sad to watch on TV.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

what can one say? this is a tragedy and no words can make it better or bring the cathedral back.. hundreds of years of history and priceless art and relics gone, although some might have been out of the cathedral due to the renovations.  i hope the bells will survive.  

Honored Contributor

crying-cat-face_1f63f.png

So sad....so much history lot...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Javala wrote:

Love One Another!

@Tyak wrote:

@Maestra1 wrote:

@Javala wrote:

Love One Another!

@Tyak 

Are you suggesting the fire is an act of terrorism ?  Especially this being Holy Week?

I'm not suggesting anything except that it's a little early to rule anything out.  The fire dept. will investigate and hopefully find out where it started and whether it was accidental or arson.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Could we have one thread about this horrific loss without losing it because of baseless speculation and conspiracy overload?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a Go Fund Me account already set up to help pay for the rebuilding of the cathedral.

https://www.gofundme.com/reconstruction-of-notre-dame-cathedral

They have already raised over $1,200.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.