Super Contributor

NOT happy with Keurig Customer Service

I know many folks have been very pleased with Keurig customer service but after this morning I’m certainly not one of them.

I’m on my second Keurig B70, this one in the gloss cinnamon color. The first was replaced on 4-15-11, not free but less a small discount (I had to pay an additional $140). Many others have described having their old Keurigs replaced at no cost whatsoever.

Today I had a problem with the replacement Keurig Platinum that was shipped 4-15-11 (and thus still under warranty). I called customer service and spoke with a customer support rep. In our conversation, she determined that the problem couldn’t be corrected and said they’d ship a new Keurig Platinum. I told her I didn’t want another Keurig Platinum as this was my second defective one. I told her I wanted the new Vue model and that I would pay the cost difference between it and the Keurig Platinum. That seemed very fair and reasonable to me. She said she couldn’t do that. Then I said, “Well at least I’d like to have the “new” Platinum Plus rather than the Platinum. She said she couldn’t send me one of those either.

Since I’d told her I didn’t want another Keurig Platinum she said she’d send me a Keurig Special Edition or the Keurig Elite – both lesser models than the Platinum. I asked, “Why would I want a lesser model with fewer features?” to which she responded, “Well you told me you didn’t want another Keurig Platinum.” It was clear I couldn’t get what I wanted, so I agreed to getting a Keurig Platinum and said I wanted it again in the gloss cinnamon color. She said I couldn’t get that because Keurig didn’t make the Keurig Platinum in gloss cinnamon any more. That’s not true, as QVC is selling the Platinum model in gloss cinnamon. This replacement is coming with absolutely NO K-cups – not one single one. Others have mentioned Keurig sending them K-cups with replacement brewers.

I also have to send Keurig the K-cup holder from my defective Platinum model – at my expense of course. When I asked if I had to mail the K-cup holder at my expense she said, “You can send it in a mailing envelope and it should only cost a few dollars.” That’s not the point, I have a DEFECTIVE Keurig. If they insist that a customer return the K-cup holder it shouldn’t be at the customer’s expense.

At this point I am not a happy camper at all with respect to Keurig. What puzzles me the most is why Keurig seems to bend over backwards to give some customers good customer service and won’t give the same good customer service to others.