Respected Contributor

NOT happy that my luminara lanters no longer work!!!!

I have 5 lanterns (the tall one and various other sizes) that simply no longer work! These were not inexpensive (especially the larger ones)! Clearly, these are an awful product!

I will contact CS despite the fact that they are a year old. 

Valued Contributor

Re: NOT happy that my luminara lanters no longer work!!!!

Good luck!

Valued Contributor

Over the last 10 years, I've purchased dozens of Luminara products, including some of their earliest lanterns. I've never had one of their products die on me. It seems suspicious that so many of yours have died all at once.  

Trusted Contributor

Sorry @Tinkerbell3.   I have 3 of those lanterns too!   Mine are kept inside.  So far...mine are working good.   I know you probably have tried it already, but just in case you did not, did you check the batteries in the remotes to be certain their still good?

Esteemed Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

Sorry @Tinkerbell3.   I have 3 of those lanterns too!   Mine are kept inside.  So far...mine are working good.   I know you probably have tried it already, but just in case you did not, did you check the batteries in the remotes to be certain their still good?

Yes, and also check the battery compartment to be sure there's no corrosion. If they've been outdoors at all they're more likely to interact with the moisture in the air.

I have to clean the battery contact points in my outdoor clock twice a year, even enough it's never in direct rain or snow.

Honored Contributor

I took a chance n luminary’s candles and was so disappointed. Have been using the ones from Costco for years and they are still going strong. Love the remote control so I can turn on the ones at the top of my stairs to light my path up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even if you keep them inside, they can corrode around the batteries if they are on a bathroom vanity or anywhere with humidity. You can use a q tip and vinegar to clean off any corrosion. I have had to do this on my wall clocks in my bathrooms periodically.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkerbell3 

It's so disappointing, isn't it?  You have a lovely item and then it stops working.

For that reason, I stopped buying them.  Out of 20 large pillars, none survived past 2 years.  They did not all die at once, but the died.

I fiddled with each one for way too long trying to get it to work.  They never would.

Could not return them to QVC, and Luminara never responded to my emails.

In the trash.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is the lantern itself still good though the candle stopped working?  Maybe Luminara would replace just the candle.

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

Over the last 10 years, I've purchased dozens of Luminara products, including some of their earliest lanterns. I've never had one of their products die on me. It seems suspicious that so many of yours have died all at once.  

@MaryLamb 

It seems on some of the Luminara candles on recent purchases there have been problems not just me but family/friends as well....I think the quality hasn't been up to par on some of the candles.  I had no problems until recently.....perhaps with quantity demands not only at QVC but Hobby Lobby, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Pottery Barn, Wayfair, Walmart, Target, and their own website the quality has suffered a bit.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”