Respected Contributor

Re: NOT EVERYONE CAN READ THIS...

I did it!!! I did it!!!  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

At a first quick glance, I thought we were supposed to start at the end, that everything was backwards. So I had no luck until I read the comments. I mean, I may not be smartest banana in the bunch, but wow.

Then I realized it's just mixed up letters within the words. I felt so much smarter, then.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I thought that I got it, not because I'm particularly smart, but because I'm such a bad speller.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Showed this to my husband who is dyslexic; his only comment was “what language is that”?   

Honored Contributor

FUN!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Piece of cake!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Easy to read and figure out - I would think by most who have just average reading skills.  I don't place any confidence in the studies show thing!  It might just make some think they are above average in intelligence and for those that need that - well fine!

@Pook...The key everyone should take notice of is the title of the thread,,,"Not Everyone Can Read This"  I would venture to say that most people can read it, however, there most definetely will be those who caannt.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

It's official.  Anyone who can read English can read this.....LOL   There's no bragging rights...LOL

@chrystaltree ...As I said elsewhere, the key is the title of the subject matter, "Not Everyone Can Read This."  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

I can read it no problem lol...what I did find funny is that "order" is not only jumbled, but also missing a letter, but you still know that is what it is. lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

My son has dyslexia (difficulty learning to read and interpretting reading patterns). His elementary teacher shared this with parents so we'd have empathy while helping our children  study. Also, tells us why they come home exhausted after school. My graduate science class -- The Brain -- taught that people with more creative minds are able to think outside the box and understand and skim this exercise more quickly. Makes sense.     

@jeanlake ...I have a 10 year old great grandson in NJ who has dyslexia and has been in advanced math since the 4th grade.  He is now learning German and loves it.  His parents are considering opening a tutoring center for dyslexic children.