Honored Contributor

Re: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SKY THIS MORNING, DARK AND ORANGE

@goldensrbest wrote:

I can not imagine living with fires each and every year, i would be terrified all the time,so sad to see every thing burn.

@goldensrbest   It used to be only earthquakes we worried about, but now fires have overtaken that fear as they are so often.

Respected Contributor

3.05 p.m.  Our sky now 99% black faint bit of orange through tops trees.

Honored Contributor

Dulwich,

Your update is so alarming to the senses.  My heart aches for all of you experiencing this freaky and dangerous event.  

Bless all of you!  May you emerge safe and well from this additional assault on your well-being.

Respected Contributor

@dulwich It's the same up here on the Peninsula.  In my 35+ years of living here, I've never seen anything like this!  At least the extreme heat is no longer with us.

Respected Contributor

@Linmo  Yes thank goodness high heat gone we were up to 104 degrees.  It is now totally midnight.

I am not a nervous person but since fire evacuation I do fear having to leave in a rush again.  

What the fire evacuation taught us is have just one bag packed each - not a huge one - and just go let the rest burn!  It is too stressful worrying about 'stuff' and getting away to safety with family, kids and animals- they are the important ones - not your stuff.  We are all having a 'good clean out' now.

Our family all learned this lesson but hope we do not have to repeat it.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl I'm so sorry this is happening in your area.  A friend in Napa said it is like that there today too.  She also sent a pic of the SF Ferry Building today, dark orange sky, have never seen anything like it.

We great up in the Bay Area and have since moved; I hope you get some rain soon.  We had a 60 degree drop here in the Denver area last couple days, it snow and helped with our burning fires..

Honored Contributor

@dulwich   Omg it is w weird dark.   Have all lights on and it is dark, but with a bright pinkish- orange glow to it.  We live in Gilroy and my husbands meeting in San Jose was cancelled as they meet outside and the smoke is to dangerous  are thefires close to you.  My fish in the pond are spooked.  Thye havebeen hiding all day  hope all is well with you.  How is your grandson and areyu still cleaning dust and smoke

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl It is really eerie.  My son and his wife who life in San Francisco sent me a photo from their front window taken in the morning.  Looks like the photo you sent, almost like a sunset but darker.  They said that the smoke above the fog is not moving.

Trusted Contributor

I live in southern Arizona and our skies are also hazy and dark from the CA fires. It is weird to not be able to see our mountains. It is not orange here, but to see the sun through the haze is very eerie.

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty  Hi and thank you for asking after us.  My granddaughter works in San Jose and yes our town was in center of the fire but we cleaned up all the ash, etc. but today we are 'raining' ash from other fires and the weird fog/smoke.  Over 900 homes lost so we are fortunate our house still standing.

Feel sorry for all those poor people still fighting the fires.

My grandson doing well wants to go to the park but what with Covid no way.

Neighbors chickens all went to roost about 4 p.m. today everything messed up and we have its again tomorrow.  Hope your koi are o.k I love them really relaxing to watch them and to feed them.  Take care.