Honored Contributor

NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SKY THIS MORNING, DARK AND ORANGE

9:51am.  "apocalyptic, dark red-orange skies this morning due to suspended smoke descending closer to the surface and worsening air quality."

Honored Contributor

Re: NORTHERN CALIFORNIA SKY THIS MORNING, DARK AND ORANGE

I've been hearting all the posts about the fires but not out of cheer.

Just wanted all those in the affected area to know you are being thought about.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Horrific.  Heartbreaking.

Gosh, but it seems apocalyptic-looking to me.  Hearts of sympathy to all suffering through this orange, burning haze and noxious smoke.

(And let's not forget the life-threatening fires.)

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry to read about these horrific fires which have affected so many people and the environment.  It is heartbreaking to read about these disasters no matter where they may be.  The weather has surely changed and not for the better .

I am on the East Coast and appreciate all the beauty California offers, while I am happy where I am I can understand the love for such a unique state. These fires are upsetting to me  living on the opposite side of this country and I hope and pray they will be contained and stopped.  I have faith the people of California will bounce back because they are strong.  God bless.

Valued Contributor

Hello, Mousiegirl.....yes, I woke up at 6:00 a.m. and looked outside.  The sky had a strange orange glow.  It was really kind of scary to say the least.  When I was driving to work later on, it was gray.  My car has ash on it, too.  Although I am not in the fire zone.

Honored Contributor

Prayers for all those affected by the menacing fires, @mousiegirl .

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl I get so sad seeing these photos and watching the news. I'm in WA state but spent my first 62 years in Southern California. It's still my "home" state and fire season has always been bad but honestly, this is the worst I can remember.

Just glad my DS and family live in the South Bay where there is no fire danger at all.

It's awful thinking about the lost homes, lives and it's heartbreaking to think of the animals that couldn't be saved. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl   This morning it was pouring rain in VA. I thought how much that rain is needed in California! 
 I was traveling in wildfires in Alaska when on a trip. Those were small fires but the smoke wasn't good for allergies. 
  I hope it rains there a lot to help with the fires, and soon! 

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@mousiegirl   This morning it was pouring rain in VA. I thought how much that rain is needed in California! 
 I was traveling in wildfires in Alaska when on a trip. Those were small fires but the smoke wasn't good for allergies. 
  I hope it rains there a lot to help with the fires, and soon! 

@1Snickers   It won't rain here until November, maybe.  It looks like the Walking Dead here, very dark with an orange glow.  Even my pups were confused when I took them out for their morning business.  

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@mousiegirl I get so sad seeing these photos and watching the news. I'm in WA state but spent my first 62 years in Southern California. It's still my "home" state and fire season has always been bad but honestly, this is the worst I can remember.

Just glad my DS and family live in the South Bay where there is no fire danger at all.

It's awful thinking about the lost homes, lives and it's heartbreaking to think of the animals that couldn't be saved. 

@Love my grandkids   People in Northern California who live south of the original fires, such as me, are having consequences of the fires along the mountains down to Santa Cruz, so not directly in the fire path.  I live in a woodsy area, so we are always on alert, so far, so good.

Yes, the animals that are defenseless and terrified, heartbreaking.