Honored Contributor

Re: NO! You cannot bring your sick dog....

He was too big for a purse. I just don't get the point of taking a dog shopping.
Esteemed Contributor

When my Malts are 'sick'...it is usually with that runny, really stinky poo....NO WAY would I take then anywhere...leaving them in the car is not an option either....can you imagine smelling that all the way home?

People like staying home when they aren't feeling well...and I am sure our pets do too....

Trusted Contributor

If I got the impression that they were going to leave the sick dog home alone to come to the party, I would let them bring the dog.  I would put a blanket and a bowl of water in the spare bedroom, and let the dog rest.  If the dog made a mess, I'd clean up the mess.  My primary focus would be on the comfort of the dog, not scolding my stupid, selfish friends.  

In reference to the "therapy" animal discussion, I'm actually jealous of people who have their animals certified as thearapy animals.  They get to fly for free.  Most of my employees are Broadway actors who travel to my regional theatre company to perform for 6-8 weeks, and they have "therapy" pets that they bring with them.  If you travel a lot for a living, it's a smart move.  Like any pets that are traveling in the cabin, they have to be carriers under the seat in front of you at all times.

In reference to the Bill Maher incident, again, I work for a professional theatre, and we have a rule that we don't allow children under 3 to attend performances.  At this time of year, we always do a big family-friendly musical, so this rule is frequently broken.  When I approach a mother with a crying baby to ask her to leave, she looks at me like I've told her that her baby is ugly.  We happily refund their money and invite them to come back (sans child) to attend another performance.  I think that's pretty generous of us considering that the parents broke the rules and they never pay for a ticket for the baby.  Parents of small children need to realize that unless they hire a babysitter, their social lives have to be on hold for a few years.  

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

When my Malts are 'sick'...it is usually with that runny, really stinky poo....NO WAY would I take then anywhere...leaving them in the car is not an option either....can you imagine smelling that all the way home?

People like staying home when they aren't feeling well...and I am sure our pets do too....

I agree.  Our dog got sick a couple of times and it was everywhere.  They don't stay in one place or in a dog bed or even on the floor.  They can also spread the illness to other animals in the house.

No thanks and, truth told, I wouldn't want anyone sick with anything contageous coming to a party.  Know enough to stay home.

Honored Contributor

BTW, there are viruses which can be spread from a pet to humans.

Norovirus, a type of stomach flu, is one of them.

Honored Contributor

I would not want anyone to bring a dog to a party at my house whether it was sick or healthy. 

Yes, I am a dog lover and have a 75 pound adopted dog. 

Respected Contributor

A sick pet is not party material. Why would you drag an ill pet anywhere but the vet?

Holy moly, people scare me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

To answer your question, OP: a self-centered, clueless and rude idiot. That's who.

These are the people you cross off your friend list because, well, they're too stupid to be your friend. Just saying.....

Honored Contributor

Maybe the couple was going to put some liquor in the water bowl, and party all night.