Honored Contributor

Image may contain: text

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

Re: NO TRUER WORDS

[ Edited ]

Have to say my husband is (of the people who live in the same state as I.  My female best friend lives in another state. )

Long story and not for here,  but I will always long to have had a loving Mother.  She was anything- but.  Father was even worse and she supported him in it.    

Happy for you to have been blessed with a wonderful , loving Mom.  Heart

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

My Mom & i were very close. When I got married the second time she asked me if she could be my MOH. How could I possibly say no? Yes, she was my very best ever friend - not counting husbands - they are lovers , much different than friends.

Honored Contributor

Re: NO TRUER WORDS

[ Edited ]

@catlover

Although I have some long time friends that are like sisters, I must say my mom was my best friend---we had a lot of interests in common and fun times together, she passed away several years ago and I do miss her.....

download (7).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Those of you who have good mons, count your blessings, whether she is your "best friend" or not.

I had a horrible, cold, self-centered, nasty "mother."

She died in 2003 and we didn't and don't miss her

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids

I sadly can relate, all too well.  Sorry you experienced this too.   You never get over wondering what it would have been like to have had a loving , affectionate parent.

Don't want to turn what can be a beautiful thread too negative , so I will leave it at this.

Honored Contributor

@twocent, Sending you a cyber hug.  You deserve one today.

Honored Contributor

I was so blessed to have had a mom like I did. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal

Heart   

Valued Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@catlover

Although I have some long time friends that are like sisters, I must say my mom was my best friend---we had a lot of interests in common and fun times together, she passed away several years ago and I do miss her.....

download (7).jpg

@Spurt     .....You just brought tears to my eyes.  My mom's been gone for almost 40 years and I still miss her immensely.  Plus I'm a catlover so this was too much.