You surround yourself with people who

make you laugh.  Forgive the bad, and

focus on the good.

Love the people who treat you right,

pray for the ones who don't.  Life is

too short to be anything but happy.

Falling down is a part of life, getting

back up is living."

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

Snaccident (n)

Eating an entire pizza/

box of chocolates/

family size bag of chips

by mistake 🍫🍕

Honored Contributor

Re: NO TITLE JUST WORDS

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  Drama is no longer a part of my life and, when possible, I avoid those who participate.  Unfortunately, particularly in work situations, sometimes we just have to practice being still and moving on, I consider it good practice for my characterWoman Wink  Love your quote..

Respected Contributor

Re: NO TITLE JUST WORDS

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

"There comes a time in your life, when you

walk away from all the drama and people

who create it.

You surround yourself with people who

make you laugh.  Forgive the bad, and

focus on the good.

Love the people who treat you right,

pray for the ones who don't.  Life is

too short to be anything but happy.

Falling down is a part of life, getting

back up is living."

Thank you for posting this.  I really needed it today.  As I have gotten older, I have discovered that there  are a number of people in my life who just don’t belong there.  A nosy judgemental  neighbor, a friend who only wants to dump on me and won’t listen to my problems and another who wanted to text me all day long everyday.  I have had to cut all of these people out of my life for my well being.  Let them dump on someone else.  Do I feel like a fair weather friend?  Sometimes.  But, I have an amazing group of friends who do care about me and I focus on that.  I only wish I had learned this when I was younger.  

Honored Contributor

Last night, I watched a show on Netlix.  It told how many of the ailments our bodies have can be changed, by our own minds and how the mind an d body work together to heal itself.  (I'm amazed still how bones can build new calcium/bone and mend themselves).  They did say some must be handled by our physicians but to also get rid of as much stress as we can from our thinking.  Mind/body working together.

The body can be pretty amazing, I know not all is covered in these thoughts of the people who did say, on some things you do need to see your doctor.  

So try not to stress.  Who wants to be the first to write that book?  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

The last part of your post is so true !

During my many careers, I had to deal with some very toxic individuals.  Yes, at times the stress levels were extremely high.  

As a female project leader, I had deadlines over which I had no control but still had to find a way to get things done; I had folks I had to protect from malicious attack and champion; and, I had my own high inner work standards that had to be satisfied.

I did my best and learned to let the toxicity go by.  When one guy was retiring, he brought his wife in to meet folks.  By this point, I had discovered he surreptitiously lowered by ultimate potential level in the organization.  This after I saved his butt many times over !  

As I shook hands with his wife, I smiled and said that I hoped their daughters worked for someone exactly like her husband.  She got the message perfectly !

As the eldest teenager in our house, I tried to stay away from the nonsense caused by my younger twin sisters.  I was an outsider and that suited me fine.  

However, as my parents aged and suffered different types of dementia, I stepped into the expected role of leader: handled all the housing options and care needs; got the house cleared out and sold; executed my father’s will; and, communicated everything that was occurring to sisters, uncle, cousin, etc.

Now, I can enjoy my life free from familial toxicity as well as those acquaintances who took advantage of my willingness to listen and offer empathy.  Two cousins who are on opposite ends of the spectrum despite physical issues ( one very happy and the other her polar opposite) are still part of my life.

Now I enjoy the company of those who make me happy because life is so short as @Lindsays Grandma‘s posted in her quote.

My prayers still include those who caused pain in the past as well as those still on earth.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma - Thank You for that post - it was just what I needed this morning.

This year I have decided to remove those people that are toxic, and those that feel like I'm a punching bag. 

This year I am also removing things from my list of "have to do" to things I "want to do". I have some very dear friends and enjoy their company and these are people I choose to spend my precious free time with.

There is one gal I have been friends with for 35 years. We have always been close, but I'm finding that friendship has become one sided and unfortunately life goes on and I will move on from that as well.

Honored Contributor

I want drama in my life. There will be time for peace when I'm dead.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I want drama in my life. There will be time for peace when I'm dead.

There is good drama and bad drama, the choice is yours.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

The last part of your post is so true !

During my many careers, I had to deal with some very toxic individuals.  Yes, at times the stress levels were extremely high.  

As a female project leader, I had deadlines over which I had no control but still had to find a way to get things done; I had folks I had to protect from malicious attack and champion; and, I had my own high inner work standards that had to be satisfied.

I did my best and learned to let the toxicity go by.  When one guy was retiring, he brought his wife in to meet folks.  By this point, I had discovered he surreptitiously lowered by ultimate potential level in the organization.  This after I saved his butt many times over !  

As I shook hands with his wife, I smiled and said that I hoped their daughters worked for someone exactly like her husband.  She got the message perfectly !

As the eldest teenager in our house, I tried to stay away from the nonsense caused by my younger twin sisters.  I was an outsider and that suited me fine.  

However, as my parents aged and suffered different types of dementia, I stepped into the expected role of leader: handled all the housing options and care needs; got the house cleared out and sold; executed my father’s will; and, communicated everything that was occurring to sisters, uncle, cousin, etc.

Now, I can enjoy my life free from familial toxicity as well as those acquaintances who took advantage of my willingness to listen and offer empathy.  Two cousins who are on opposite ends of the spectrum despite physical issues ( one very happy and the other her polar opposite) are still part of my life.

Now I enjoy the company of those who make me happy because life is so short as @Lindsays Grandma‘s posted in her quote.

My prayers still include those who caused pain in the past as well as those still on earth.

Congratultions for reaching that point in your life where you no longer allow people to disrupt your way of living. Heart