Honored Contributor

Only time I can get mine to sit down and pay attention to me. LOL

He's used to eating fast because at 68 he's still working part time.

I have to throw everything in real fast or chase after him the rest of the day

out the back door, thru the house, doesn't sit still.

AARRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   !!!!!!!!!!!!!    If we didn't eat together I'd have to mail letters I guess. Texting is out we're not paying for that business.

Cellphones, are never turned on unless we need road help or ordering a pick up pizza to take home. LOL

Honored Contributor

Why get married in first place if your married already to the phone ?

Respected Contributor

It’s less news and more soft music for us these days....what a difference in the level of peacefulness

we feel. 🙂

Honored Contributor

I stopped watching ages ago. I don't like the way they have a habit of wanting to show  as much gore ,as they can get away with

It's bad enough to listen to this stuff ,without have to see the horrible things they were subjected to

I can't turn it off in my head, and watching stuff like this, won't change what happened

Honored Contributor

We just had this conversation in a restaurant over dinner.  I got so disgusted with the conversation going on that I actually yelled and told them all to get rid of the opinion news programs they watch because I didn't like any of them (my family members) anymore.  

I asked them all "In what way does any of it affect your life except make you mad?"

I got blank stares and then I told them that getting whipped up over something that you can't control and is total BS to begin with is ridiculous. 

The conversation turned to something else, thank goodness, and I would like to hope someone maybe turned it off.  For that night, at least.    

Respected Contributor

The TV is rarely on during the day. I used to turn the tv on around five to get the local news.

Last night we decided to have dinner in the den. We were going to watch the olympics. The news was still on and we switched to the news during a commercial.

What is with news people these days---How dare they ask a grieving family how it feels to loose a child. 

Recently we had two very bad disasters in our town. The local news people were very cautious about protecting the families, but the crews from out of town were brutal. They chased destroyed families to motels and relitive's homes. 

We must restore decorum, and civility to this country.

If I had a child in the house I am not sure I would have a television at all.

During Vietnam, there was no news allowed until kids were in bed.

Respected Contributor

I have never allowed TV or electronics during dinner. I find it so toxic.

I read the news. I rarely ever watch it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

No news for us during dinner and we also do not answer the phone.

Honored Contributor

I watch local news just enough to get weather news than I turn it off

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkEwrote:

@beckyb1012wrote:

For the families that do choose to watch at least all eyes are on the same program instead of on however many different phones or contraptions that might be owned by all.  I saw an article recently that said restaurants are now having more people looking at their phones while eating than conversing with their lunch/dinner partner. 

I can vouch for that !  We were at a steak place and young couple came in , waitress showed up "take your drink order", they muttered something, picked up phones and off to the races ! I never saw them exchange a verbal word to each other up to the time we left the place

I guess they ordered food LOL   Isn't that sad? I mean  , really ?

How rude. Nobody is disrespecting me like that !   Only, if your a Dr. or lawyer waiting on news from the jury LOL

@SharkE@beckyb1012, just want to add, at the bank today there was a sign stating that people not use their cell phones while at the tellers' counter.