Respected Contributor

Re: NO JOKES OR QUOTES TONIGHT

So glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. You are a special lady on this blog. From another Lindsey's grandmother. PS you have put so many smiles on all our faces.

Respected Contributor

I'm really sorry to hear this; you have my sympathy. I have chronic pain so I "feel your pain", so to speak, and not jokingly either.

Do you have sufficient pain medication?

Trusted Contributor

@Lindsey's Grandma ... I always enjoy reading your funny jokes, etc. What a kind person you are! I hope you're feeling better. 💗
Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear this; you have my sympathy. I have chronic pain so I "feel your pain", so to speak, and not jokingly either.

Do you have sufficient pain medication?

@GoneButNotForgotten   I have pain medication prescribed monthly so I do enough to get me through.    The problem with that of course, which won't happen in my case,  for some who get better and don't need pain medication anymore they have to be weaned off of it.   Sorry to hear that you also suffer from chronic pain.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

So glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. You are a special lady on this blog. From another Lindsey's grandmother. PS you have put so many smiles on all our faces.

@Catiele    Do you have a Lindsey grandchild too?   And yes, I am as you put it "somewhat" better and I have learned to live with it except for times like now.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:
@Lindsey's Grandma ... I always enjoy reading your funny jokes, etc. What a kind person you are! I hope you're feeling better. 💗

@EastCoastGal ...thank yo so much for your kind words.  Where on the East Coast do you live?  I'm originally from Richmond Hill, Queens and spent summers near Calverton and Riverhead where we had a summer home.  I do miss the wonderful summers at the beach.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom ...Hi beach-mom, from this latest post it sounds as though you you are having a real bad time.  The problem with getting definite answers is that there aren't any unless they can pinpoint an accident or some other form of injury that speaks for itself.  So, all you are getting are guesses, but the important thing at this point is getting the proper treatment, that's another guessing game

Has anyone suggested you see an orthopedic doctor?  They specialize in muscle strains, joints & back pain, nerves, etc.  Sometimes pain is caused due to a back problem but it isn't necessarily the back that hurts.

A good part of my life I had back pain and seeing doctors never gave me an reason for it.  That of course was the years before they had mri's and ct scans.   When all of those machines became available is when I was diagnosed with the reasons for my pain and it wasn't until the year 2000 it was suggested I have a fusion, which I did but it failed.  Went to another well known Ortho who said I should have screws in my back, second surgery.  He put ten screws in my back and we hoped for the best.

Six months down the road the leg pain slowly started again and that doctor said, "Take out the screws."  A nine hour surgery and almost two weeks in the hospital...the rest is history.  I honestly believe that last surgery was a mistake, never should have happened.  Anyway, this is about you...my main concern is that you are being treated for what really ails you, if you are you will notice an improvement.  So, give it time, wait and see and if it doesn't improve, more tests and/or another doctor.  I don't mean to be doom and gloom here but I have lived it and I know others who have as well.  Lower back pain, leg pain, etc., etc., which so many people live with is not fixed with the snap of the fingers.  Hang in there and keep me posted, I'm hoping your problem will be fixed in short order.  God Bless...

Honored Contributor

Hi @Lindsays Grandma - you HAVE had quite a time! I hope most of your days are pain free, but I know you must have days that are really trying. I had my last PT session today. I will keep doing my exercises, but I am also going to talk to my doctor. 

Thanks for all of your advice! I know I will look for it again, and of course I'll get to see you here. Here's to better and pain free days for both of us!  (((HUGS)))