Respected Contributor

NO, Ali, the item is not $3 on Easy Pay.....

I briefly watched Ali the other night and she repeatedly misinformed the audience-  YES, they ALL do but, it's not right-

"It's only $3 on easy pay...." Repeated several times- NO, it's actually $5.40 a mos w/ shipping.

EVERY item.... "This is $5 a month on your credit card for 3 mos"- It is actually $6.75

"On sale for $23. That's only a little over $6 a gift"  It was $28.50 w/ shipping, so actually $9.50 per-

YES, I know this is a sales tactic but, honestly, you could not pay me enough to mislead people! I wouldn't do it.  We AREN'T STUPID!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: NO, Ali, the item is not $3 on Easy Pay.....

You are so right.  Every time they say that I say out loud "No it's not".  I'm always talking to the TV when one of the hosts says something I dislike.  One day someone is going to take me to the crazy home.

Respected Contributor

I get it that you would like accuracy when it comes to the easy pays but it doesn't bother me.  I know the payment is higher with tax and shipping.

Personally, I can't stand those teeny payments.  It doesn't induce me to buy the item.  If an item is $50 or less I don't use easy pay at all.  It's value to me is on higher priced items.

Esteemed Contributor

Should the host also include S&H cost for those in Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, and Palau all of which have different shipping rates than CONUS states?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

The tax also is different from State to State. They could say "plus shipping and handling".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh yes, Ali, what is wrong with you?

You should memorize the shipping and handling PLUS sales tax of every state and every county in the US, plus as previously mentioned, all territories.

And make sure you know which states tax the shipping cuz that changes the final outcome again.

Gimme a break, she is not purposely misleading anyone.  If we aren't stupid, then we know how to figure our own monthly payment since it is impossible for the host to do it for each of us.

Honored Contributor

When QVC puts the easy pay up the screen, they simply divide the price of the item into equal payment amounts.  That is the information on Ali's card that she is giving.

The issue is that QVC divides the entire final price evenly into easypay so the hosts would never know what the actual payment amount is.  I think everyone is smart enough to know you have to add s/h and tax onto that.

HSN and I think ShopHQ and JTV charge all the s/h and tax with the first payment. 

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

You should memorize the shipping and handling PLUS sales tax of every state and every county in the US, plus as previously mentioned, all territories.

And make sure you know which states tax the shipping cuz that changes the final outcome again.

Gimme a break, she is not purposely misleading anyone.  If we aren't stupid, then we know how to figure our own monthly payment since it is impossible for the host to do it for each of us.

@RespectLife @Tinkerbell3 

LOL ... thanks for the laugh!

Occasional Contributor

I find myself correcting the hosts when they talk about the easy pay😄. What drives me crazy is when Jennifer says we’re giving this away. No you are not. I watch for back ground noise, no purchasing. I mainly shop at Amazon and Kohls.
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@RespectLife   Great post.