Honored Contributor

Re: NO AIR CONDITIONING IN MOST OF EUROPE?

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Normally the temperatures in the UK are in the mid 70's....one time I spoke to a friend that lives there and she said they were all suffering in the intense heat....I asked her how hot it was and it was 85...they are not use to the heat at all.....and air conditioning is uncommon...

Its not just Europe either some cities in the U.S. experience this same issue so its not unusual at all---I have relatives that live in the Northeast in the New England area and they are lucky if they get a couple of warm weeks in August....but occasionally they are impacted by a HEAT WAVE in the summer and the only places with A/C are one grocery store and a bank.....no A/Cs in homes, schools, businesses and offices....everyone goes down to the basement to stay  cool...

@Spurt  I have family in Massachusetts on the north shore. They have central air in their home and any store I've been in there has AC.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Well my relatives are in the Vermont area

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”