Honored Contributor

Re: NIcky Hiltons wedding dress

Did you know her grand-uncle (and namesake, Nicky) was Elizabeth Taylor's first husband?  She was in her teens when she married him.  It was very short, he did not treat her well.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Even thought this is an updated, moden lace, I just don't care for lace.....period.  Hated it!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

It looks like paper doilies to me.  Do not like it at all.  Her makeup was nice though.

Trusted Contributor

I wish I liked it.  I'm one who complains the most about the seemingly unending trend of strapless/mermaid/sexy wedding gowns.  I don't think the adjective sexy goes with wedding gowns. But I think this went to the other extreme.  I prefer something between strapless and a turtle neck!

And I love lace.  My feeling is usually if it doesn't have some lace somewhere, it's not a wedding dress. But this is just too much lace and it isn't even pretty lace, imo.  

To top it all off I also don't like veils that are as long as trains, especially the super long trains!  I don't like anything about her wedding ensemble, but her bouquet is lovely and so is her hair and face.  

I love sister the dress sister Paris is wearing.  One of the loveliest bridesmaid dresses Ive ever seen.  

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Esteemed Contributor

I loved the dress.  I thought it was beautiful and elegant.  I love lace so I thought it was great.  

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling the dress was best seen in person.  The lace may have that 3D look that looses a lot in photos.

I do love and respect her elegance and taste for not "baring it all", which seems to be the trend lately.  Her dress really brought back the REAL wedding dress, and I know she had to love it.  I think they all were dressed beautifully.  I loved the unusual color of Paris gown.  They all looked great.

She did look nervous and reserved, hahaha.  Maybe all the press, and such.  It must be scary to know the public will witness your every move, and you will be critiqued to the final eyelash.  IDK if that is something I would like at all.

Trusted Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:
Too too froufrou, not to mention obscenely expensive!

ITA! Spending that kind of money (yes, I know they're very wealthy) is beyond flaunting your wealth. Not impressed. Her dress was not attractive at all.

Super Contributor

Trying so hard to look like royalty.

The silhouette of the dress was reminiscent of Kate's.

The veil resembled Princess Grace's.

All a bit much for a couple who will likely be divorced within 5 years.

Valued Contributor

I may be in the minority, but I thought the dress was absolutely gorgeous.

The lace was out of this world and the fact that

the dress went up to the neck and down to the wrists is the way wedding dresses are supposed to look.
I hate the strapless, mermaid dresses where the bride reveals her whole body for everyone to see.

I guess I'm old fashioned, if so, I'm glad I am!!!

The white virginal look hardly works in today's styles!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Trusted Contributor

I don't like it. It looks like something she borrowed from Grandma's closet.