Esteemed Contributor

Just suspended their season. MLB postponing start.

Honored Contributor

Think of all the projects around the house that are going to get done now with no sports to watch. Woman Very Happy

(Yes, that is a stereotype joke about men being the fixit people and only men being into sports. I don't really mean it literally.)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp 

I figured my sport would do exactly that. Suspend to me is different than "cancel". Will see how all this shakes out as time goes on with all sports.

Most of the teams in the NHL have 20 or fewer games left, out of 82, so if they at some point resume? My guess is they will have the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and base that on the points standings at the time of the "suspension".

And my New York Rangers were playing so well!  Thank you for posting this here. I haven't visited the Sports Forum yet because we still have 2 DVR'd games of my Rangers we have not watched, and there just might be  chance of my seeing the results, unintensionally.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Snoopp 

I figured my sport would do exactly that. Suspend to me is different than "cancel". Will see how all this shakes out as time goes on with all sports.

Most of the teams in the NHL have 20 or fewer games left, out of 82, so if they at some point resume? My guess is they will have the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and base that on the points standings at the time of the "suspension".

And my New York Rangers were playing so well!  Thank you for posting this here. I haven't visited the Sports Forum yet because we still have 2 DVR'd games of my Rangers we have not watched, and there just might be  chance of my seeing the results, unintensionally.

hckynut

I admire your dedication! Even if I miss a game, I get score alerts on my phone. And I wouldn't be able to stay off social media or message boards for that long either!

Hockey is one of the only things I watch (not a movie or reality tv fan) so I will miss my boys but this had to be done.

Nothing beats playoff hockey and I certainly hope we will see it this year...don't think it will be anytime soon though.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.