Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I love trying all the new flavors. It's fun!

@colliemom4

I think so, too.  It's the only time I eat Oreos.  I remember looking for the coconut but I never found them.

I never saw those either. Too bad! They sound delish!

Honored Contributor

Re: NEWS FOR OREO LOVERS

[ Edited ]

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4

I think so, too.  It's the only time I eat Oreos.  I remember looking for the coconut but I never found them.

@colliemom4

I've seen quite a few people say the coconut was the best!  How did you and I miss them?  Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4

@colliemom4

I've seen quite a few people say the coconut was the best!  How did you and I miss them?  Woman Sad

@Noel7 They are on amazon for $16.99.... LOL!

Honored Contributor

I keep looking for the red velvet ones.

Maybe they didn't even make it into my area - greedy folks!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Occasional Contributor

Read your message and it caught my eye.  I, too, worked for Nabisco many, many, many years ago.  At the Philadelphia Bakery in the Personnel Dept.  You are correct, the ovens were the length of a football field.  I can still recall how the aroma of chocolate  was everywhere and that I loved Mallomars then and do to this day!

Trusted Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

On occasion I am unable to give blood, due to a low iron level. The Red Cross employee suggested I eat Oreos before the next drive, as they are high in iron.  How's that for a good excuse to eat Oreos?? (I've been eating spinach instead, but I know many folks would prefer the cookies!)

... whatta great excuse to eat Oreos - and the 'endorsement' came from the Red Cross making it completely legitimate !!!

Honored Contributor

Tried the red velvet ones, and was so not impressed.

I do think heaven must be a package of regular Oreos and a very cold gallon of milk!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

Waiting now for the food police (aka food nazis) to come out of the woodwork and deliver a lecture on avoiding Oreos and eating rinsed brown rice instead.    LOL!

I'm still waiting for an explanation from the food police as to how eggs can be a "cholesterol inducer".  Eggs contain cholesterol, but cannot "induce it".  If Oreos contain cholesterol, maybe the police will let folks know the science behind consuming them and how they have destroyed human health since Oreos were created.

(Yep.........I can get as snarky as the next person.)

LOL, again!!

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@Mominohio

Waiting now for the food police (aka food nazis) to come out of the woodwork and deliver a lecture on avoiding Oreos and eating rinsed brown rice instead.    LOL!

I'm still waiting for an explanation from the food police as to how eggs can be a "cholesterol inducer".  Eggs contain cholesterol, but cannot "induce it".  If Oreos contain cholesterol, maybe the police will let folks know the science behind consuming them and how they have destroyed human health since Oreos were created.

(Yep.........I can get as snarky as the next person.)

LOL, again!!

I certainly understand the benefits of healthy eating, and would suggest everyone do so.

BUT, life is short, and if one has a sweet tooth, and loves to indulge in something that is less than good for them, what the heck. A little bit of something bad, in an otherwise clean and healthy diet isn't going to be the demise of most of us. 

And the bottom line is that people insisting what others put in their bodies (foods, medicines/vaccines/vitamins, or not) need to focus on their own habits, offer up the knowledge they have, then step back and realize we all have free will, and the right to do as we choose.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4

Oh phooey .... never heard about the coconut!   Will they come back?