Trusted Contributor

Re: NEW ""Keurig 2"" will NOT allow for unlicensed K-Cups

Our first purchase was the personal size keurig brewer. We still have that one which is several years old, and we bring that one along with us when we go on vacation.

We bought a Cuisinart keurig brewer at Costco, and we love that model. The Cuisinart keurig brewer has a 3 year warranty. I think we have had that one for 2 years now, and have had no problems at all.

Valued Contributor

I wonder if it will make the mesh replacement cups unusable as well. After reading about the way the k-cups react to hot water and the chemicals they leach into your coffee I made a decision to discontinue using the k-cups. I have at least 100 left and when those are gone I won't buy anymore. In the meantime I'm taking the coffee out of the pods and pouring it into the mesh replacement cups that fit right into my brewer. My Keurig is not the end all and the be all for me and any I won't support any manufacturer that limits my use of their product. What nerve...

Maria

Valued Contributor

On 2/28/2014 JaneMarple said:
On 2/28/2014 Rustys mom said:

There are 2 Hamilton Beach 2 way brewers, one is "the scoop" and the other is the 2 way flex. They look a lot alike but the scoop has a filter and you use your own coffee, can make a cup or a pot, the 2 way flex makes a pot on one side and uses a k-cup on the other for one cup. The 2 way flex has the pot on the left side and the one cup on the right side, the scoop is reversed. Hope this helps.

Where can I find one? This sounds ideal.

Bed Bath and Beyond carries them and you can use the 20% off coupon there. I think Kohls also carries them

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2014 JaneMarple said:

There are 2 Hamilton Beach 2 way brewers, one is "the scoop" and the other is the 2 way flex. They look a lot alike but the scoop has a filter and you use your own coffee, can make a cup or a pot, the 2 way flex makes a pot on one side and uses a k-cup on the other for one cup. The 2 way flex has the pot on the left side and the one cup on the right side, the scoop is reversed. Hope this helps.

Where can I find one? This sounds ideal.

Bed Bath and Beyond carries them and you can use the 20% off coupon there. I think Kohls also carries them

Thanks Smile

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

On 2/24/2014 GoodStuff said:

A compelling reason for me NOT to buy a Keurig! Not only do they charge a high price for their coffeemaker........they also want to limit buyers to using only their prepackaged, overpriced coffee. Phooey on 'em! My trusty percolator lets me use any kind of coffee I choose to buy, at any kind of savings this smart shopper can find -- and that's the way I like it. I am NOT interested in lining the pockets of these crafty Keurig capitalists, NOT interested in buying into a product that limits my choices.

On the other side of the coin, you couldn't pay me to have a percolator.

Contributor

On 2/24/2014 Desi said:

I heard about this already and it has to be one of the dumbest moves possible by Keurig. Unless there is some absolutely ""must have"" secret feature added to the 2.0. why would anyone want this limitation?

ITA. My Keurig quit working at 14 months. I am so disappointed. I won't buy a machine that has this limitation. I can buy a much cheaper version that I am sure will last longer than 14 months.

Esteemed Contributor

I still am using the mini Keurig that was a test model. I year ago I bought a 2nd one ""just in case""

No way I'd buy another one with those type of limitations.

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2014 Sooner said:
On 2/24/2014 GoodStuff said:

A compelling reason for me NOT to buy a Keurig! Not only do they charge a high price for their coffeemaker........they also want to limit buyers to using only their prepackaged, overpriced coffee. Phooey on 'em! My trusty percolator lets me use any kind of coffee I choose to buy, at any kind of savings this smart shopper can find -- and that's the way I like it. I am NOT interested in lining the pockets of these crafty Keurig capitalists, NOT interested in buying into a product that limits my choices.

On the other side of the coin, you couldn't pay me to have a percolator.

When and if mine dies, and there isn't a my-k cup for the newer ones, I'll use my percolator. The coffee is different, but I do like mine dark and strong.

Valued Contributor

On 2/24/2014 CouponQueen said:

Everybody has their own version these days. Patent must be off lol.

If I considered another Brewer I would look at the others..I bought a Hamilton Beach dual K Cup and Coffee Pot Machine. It is okay does the job! I don't drink coffee so it doesn't matter to me lol..

I see the Vue on clearance all over.

I just bought the same Hamilton Beach brewer from HSN. I have resisted the Keurig because of all the bad reviews. I don't have enough disposable income to waste on an unreliable coffee maker. I also like the idea of still having my traditional coffee pot as an option in the same appliance.

I think keurig should focus more on the quality of their machines. Their brand has grabbed a huge slice of the coffee maker market share...it just looks greedy for them to worry about this issue. I also don't like that Keurig now has the "Vue" with different type k-cups, and they aren't interchangeable. Seriously, how much space on store shelves are supposed to be filled up with different types of proprietary coffee single serve items?? Its all getting to be a big turn-off.

New Contributor

I read about this awhile ago. I love my Vue and come fall I won't be able to use it, thanks alot keurig. We spend good money and you screw us