Honored Contributor

Re: NEW YORK CITY IS IN A BLACKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lights are coming back and on and it is great to see. The Radio City Music Hall marquee just came back on...ConEd said they should have all power restored around 1 am EST. Hope that happens. The city has done a great job maintaining order and handling the confusion and chaos that can happen with so many people. So far, no reports of injuries or deaths...just inconvenience and uncomfortable....I pray it stays that way and they do restore power by 1am
Esteemed Contributor

ConEd said at its peak, 72,000 people (NOT millions) were without power.

72 thousand.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I don’t know NYC, and would be scared silly.

Just drop me out here in the country with the wildlife.

Or, at least in a city I know.

Hope everyone is comfortable and safe.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

OMG! Thank you for posting this.  Just turned on the TV to see what is going on.  I live in the next borough and also have Con Ed, our fingers are crossed that it does not happen here.  Lived in NYC through 2 blackouts and let me tell you, it is not a pretty picture. There was so much looting, it was horrendous.  Just praying it does not happen this time.

@lovesallanimals  - I lived in Brooklyn and remember the blackout of 1977 with the looting.  It was so hot and humid and everyone was sitting on their stoops - it lasted for 25 hours.

Honored Contributor

All power have been restored

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

NYC will survive (expect LOTS of babies in exactly 9 mths).

!!   @patbz , I had 'just' sent (SUMMER) that my husband saw minutes ago that western side of Manhattan had 43,000 people without power. I am hearing a fire in the wiring, ALTHOUGH word is told via husband's smart phone is reporting all (NOW_65,000_ out), but power should be restore soon/? midnight.

Heard that people are/ stuck on elevators, and subways. 

( 1 hour ago ). I was at the kitchen placing dishes in the washer, and THOUGHT the very same thing.

then, OURS went out 10 minutes after; our WIFI, TV cable and 1 LAND LINE- I'm not giving that up, along with 2 cell phones for any emergencies+++ candles!

Man Surprised My husband came up from our office / TV room and had the look of a deer in headlights, telling me I didn't understand.  As though I had a secret crystal ball.

Minutes before, I saw the Echo flickering out, along with my last post ....trying ....to go through. I think I just mae it

I have a pc FEED setting and immediately sent an ALERT to check. Was [Off maybe 25 minutes], now back on. 

If ONLY I had sound effects to send, I wish you could hear my husband exhale with a Whewwwww. Back on. 

Ahh, you should know, Patbz our son will be ``to our home from his`` tomorrow.

you were so sweet the other day- night. Woman Surprised  I do not feel like 100 anymore, more like I'm waiting for What NEXT?

No, we do not live in NYC or near it, but I believe the Barry effects, what is happening farther east, had something to do with power out, here. Again, still standing. I know my immediate FEED alerted that something local was being interrupted. 

We are not watching TV or any radio. One husband and one wife together actually talking and enjoying our opinions.... about the world and country. 

Some interesting weather, too ...and news... NAES

It's 88 here with a lowER humidity. I would NOT miss as a ZERO Tv, and phone,

but definitely would have to have something or 'somewhere' to go...>not staying inside with our home reaching 72 within the heat for more than two hours. We are thinking of an ER generator. I believe that my FEED ALERT being sent out was being heard and that there was interrupting.

The NYC heat, there. Oh my - they must be going across town, but absolutely blacked out and no street lights. 

Of course you know what I must be thinking...~ hearing a lot about flash mobbing. 

Those mountains are sounding better and better. 

Believe it is almost a Good Night -bye bye for me, soon

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I don’t know NYC, and would be scared silly.

Just drop me out here in the country with the wildlife.

Or, at least in a city I know.

Hope everyone is comfortable and safe.

I'm with you @Drythe .  I thought there was an emergency this morning about 3 am when I was awakened by the overpowering scent of a skunk.  First one in a long time and it was close.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful  news  NYC -and all. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Saw one the other day, just moseying along.

It was very pretty, clean looking, and well groomed.

S/he went one way, I went another.

😳

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe. It's said they are really sweet animals.  Too bad they're such little stinkers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment