Contributor

My husband got one saying someone was trying to purchase a 200.00 gift card.  He also got a call about it and said they were investigating.  He could not log in to Amazon. He called next day and Amazon rep told him that number that called him fraudulent and no email was sent by them.  My husband computer was compromised too.  His mouse was moving independently and his PayPal account was hacked and someone authorized payment to Groupon for 384 390 another 384 and over 1000.  My husband is very savvy on the computer and even though PayPal called him and he said no not him and they would open fraud investigation he contacted Bank to stop all PayPal transactions. It cost him 37.50 but well worth it.  PayPal said fraud investigation showed no fraud.  What!!!!!  He told them it wasn't him.  He has never connected to Groupon for anything.  Be very diligent.  He has now ended his PayPal which is owned by eBay for those who don't know. Stay well.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the reminder about scam alerts.

Times are tough for these scam artists too and they need money. Pitiful!!

Honored Contributor

@grandme wrote:

My husband got one saying someone was trying to purchase a 200.00 gift card.  He also got a call about it and said they were investigating.  He could not log in to Amazon. He called next day and Amazon rep told him that number that called him fraudulent and no email was sent by them.  My husband computer was compromised too.  His mouse was moving independently and his PayPal account was hacked and someone authorized payment to Groupon for 384 390 another 384 and over 1000.  My husband is very savvy on the computer and even though PayPal called him and he said no not him and they would open fraud investigation he contacted Bank to stop all PayPal transactions. It cost him 37.50 but well worth it.  PayPal said fraud investigation showed no fraud.  What!!!!!  He told them it wasn't him.  He has never connected to Groupon for anything.  Be very diligent.  He has now ended his PayPal which is owned by eBay for those who don't know. Stay well.

Block your credit with the credit bureaus.

Honored Contributor

I got one about Apple Pay today,