Honored Contributor

Usually when I have difficulty falling asleep, I play a cd of rain storm with relaxing background music. I'm usually asleep soon after.

Lately I've noticed that if QVC is on my bedroom tv...same result. I'm fast asleep in no time.

Respected Contributor

Re: NEW REASON TO PUT ON QVC

@Shanus ~ I wish either one would of worked for me last night😳

Only once in awhile (thank goodness) I can't fall asleep no matter what.  I try reading, playing soft music, then I just give up and go online or watch tv😕

Honored Contributor

@Shanuslol -   Years ago - I know it was many because I was still teaching and I've been retired for 17 school years already -  I used to tune into QVC for one of the new hosts whose voice for perfect for putting me to sleep.  Of course, if she wasn't on, I tried for the umteenth time to listen to the prayer episode in Moby ****** on tape -  that was a sleep guarantee!

Honored Contributor

I have found that anytime I put the tv on and sit down or watch in bed, I'm out like a light, even if I'm interested in the program.  Must be my age.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

Sometimes pain wakes me up and I've learned not to lay there tossing and turning.  I get up, wrap myself in a blanket and watch any of the shopping channels.  I think it's mindlessness that makes me drowsy and puts me to sleep.  The blah blah blah that doesn't interest me enough to listen to.  

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Shanus ~ I wish either one would of worked for me last night😳

Only once in awhile (thank goodness) I can't fall asleep no matter what.  I try reading, playing soft music, then I just give up and go online or watch tv😕

I forgot to mention, of all nights not to get sleep, today, my son is surprising me with an overnight trip to Seward, AK to go on whale watching boat, great meals and shopping!  I think I'm waking up😁

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2.  Open your eyes and enjoy your time with your son!!! 😳

Honored Contributor

If I turned on the TV in the bedroom I would never get to sleep. I have to have the room pitch dark so I can sleep. I would never fall asleep with the non-stop blabbing on QVC. I do listen to soothing ocean waves or rainstorm or other soothing music. I have several cds. Usually I'm asleep in a matter of minutes once I hit the bed. I have had Shingles for the past month so I have only been getting 4-5 hrs sleep each night. The pain is not as bad today. I finally got some sleep last night. I slept for 12 hrs. LOL!!! I was so exhausted. I figured I might as well stay in bed since I cannot sit back in a chair to relax I might as well relax in bed.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch QVC live but to go to sleep I play a game or two on my smartphone and usually I feel myself dozing off... shut it down and within minutes ... fast asleep.  Feel lucky,  I have friends with insomnia.  I usually get a good nights sleep.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz Poor girl.I had shingles once and they are painful.I didn't know what the rash was but thought it was from excess swearing as I was doing a boot camp.I thought the pain and exhaustion was from being out of shape.Finally after a few days I went to the doc.I was feeling really rotten and my son was coming home for Christmas or probably would never have known I actually had shingles.