Respected Contributor

Re: NEW Q CARD POLICY - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Perhaps you've all noticed, but easy pay means they raise the prices, so it's the same as paying interest.

Valued Contributor

I prefer to use a card that gives me airline points.  I have two credit cards and they are both paid off every month to avoid interest payments.  Every time I've turned on QVC this weekend, they are pushing this card.  Not sure why, but that would make me very cautious if I were thinking about getting one.  As for the easy pay, since most everything they now sell is on easy pay, I'm not sure why this is such a perk.  In fact, these days easy pay seems to be their biggest selling point for some products.  They often say "yes, you can buy this XYZ somewhere else but here you can get it on easy pay."  I doubt they are going to change that for holiday shopping.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't be surprised if eventually only Q card holders get ezpays.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

For me it's a mixed bag.  I always order through Speed-buy so I automatically get the EZ pays if they are offered.  I don't desire to have everything I buy stretched out over 3 months, so I guess I will have to use the shopping cart check out for the inexpensive items so I can opt out of the EZ pay on those.

I got the Q-Card years ago because I was buying a lot and it was just too hard to keep track of things with the EZ pays.  My credit card statement just said QVC and the date and amount of the charge.  With the Q-Card statement, it shows the name of the item purchased and payment 2 of 5 for example.  It's so much easier to track your progress and to calculate that your returns were credited correctly.  I pay off the balance every month.  I do regret not getting cash back from another card, but I do go through SavingStar for rebates, so I am earning cash back on my purchases, just not on a credit card.

As for the incentive to buy, I think it goes both ways.  I know there have been shows I have watched where the item I was interested in was expensive and not on EZ pay.  I filed it away in the back of my mind and thought next time they have an EZ pay event, I'll get that.  Usually then when they have an EZ pay event, I think "What was that I saw the other day that I was going to get?"  Usually I don't remember or decide it's not that urgent, and I don't buy it anyway, so I might be more impulsive if I can use it on the spot.  On the other hand, they ran a 4-hour event today with everything on 3 EZ pays.  I didn't even consider buying anything because I know I can get the same deal tomorrow  - IF I want it.  So for Q-Card holders - maybe more risk of impulse shopping, but no sense of urgency to shop during events.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Contributor

Today they are giving 6 easy pays with the card. I think it is a slap in the face to otherwise loyal customers who don't choose  to get one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

They must be hard up with the Q card to make an offer like this.

Three easy pays is all well and good...but what is the current interest rate on this card?

28% ?  29% ?

QVC just bought Zulilly for a bunch of cash...maybe they need YOUR money?!

Just sayin..

@RedHeadedWench  Since QVC didn't buy Zulily, I doubt it strains their budget.  Look it up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

http://www.zacks.com/stock/news/192311/liberty-interactives-qvc-unit-acquires-zulily-for-24b

"Yesterday, the QVC division of Liberty Interactive Corp. ...completed the pending acquisition of Seattle-based e-commerce company — zulily Inc. -- for $2.4 billion or $18.75 per share. zulily is a leading experiential, discovery driven shopping network offering services on televisions, the Internet, phones, PCs or laptops and mobile devices. Notably, the deal has been completed much earlier than anticipated, as it was originally expected to be closed in the fourth quarter of 2015."

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Nightowlz  Where did I ever type that it was wrong to have one?  I only said for me personally it's not my thing.  To be specific, it's not for me because the credit hit I take is not worth the discounts most store cards offer.  Now if that offer changes like a Q card with free shipping all the time.....as I also said I just might have a second cc in my wallet.

Your credit score is not going to go,down just because you apply,for one new credit card especially,if you do not already have a lot of credit cards.  It will only go,down if you apply,for several new credit lines within a short period of time.  

Honored Contributor

I think it is not a true incentive. Why would anyone choose that card over, say, a credit card with lower interest rates AND cashback awards on every purchase? That would actually SAVE you MONEY, unlike easy pays. Don't fall for it. What a joke!

Esteemed Contributor

Interest rates don't concern me. I always pay my balance in full each month (even on the Q card). If I could not do so, I would stop buying.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein