Valued Contributor

Re: NEW Q CARD POLICY - WHAT DO YOU THINK?

@ChillyTulip wrote:

QVC must be hurting badly for sales.  And this is the perfect solution:  take advantage of all the people who think they are actually getting something for free and  get them to apply for a Q-card so they will use EZ pay on everything and rack up a fortune in charges. They prey on those who impulse shop.  Bonus when they get socked with outrageous interest rates and can't afford to pay off the card each month.

Marketing genius.

Why would people think they were getting something for free? And in my book, ANYONE who gets carried away and can not keep track of their easy pays,  is irresponsable.   My GRANDMA was an impulse catalog shopper way back when I was in grade school, (I am 56 now) so you can hardly blame QVC, you need to put the blame where it belongs, on the irresponsiable shoppers,  I am sure that MOST of those shoppers have plenty of credit cards that are at or near the limit from their addiction anyway

Occasional Contributor

I have had the Q card for years. I did receive the e-mail and I think it is great. It is nice to know you have the option of 3 easy payment if you need it at that time.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

This is a valuable perk, especially for big ticket items that many  not be on easy pay when you are ready to buy them.

I think this is a better perk than the HSN card which offers an extra flex pay on certain items (and the VIP returns makes absolutely no sense to me, so don't get me started on how that's a perk when you get your original shipping credited as Spendable Cash AND it expires in 90 days.  I just want my original shipping back in the original method I paid it in).

That said, I use my Visa Platinum Signature Rewards to be 1 point for every dollar I purchase on that.  So it's an extra savings for me to use my Visa.

You are mistaken about the way the s/h refund works with the HSN card. HSN refunds your original s/h ALL the time in the same manner as you paid it.  They are the only shopping channel that still refunds original s/h.  However, if you have an HSN card, they will refund your RETURN s/h as spendable cash, if you use the prepaid return label.   

Honored Contributor

I use easy pay often.  Sometimes once I receive the item and know I like it and will keep it, I just go in and pay off the balance.  Sometimes I leave the easy pay go.  I don't have a Q card and unless there is a better incentive than this, I wouldn't open one.

I do have an HSN card.  I also have an Evine card because they often offer free s/h for a 24 hour period for card holders. 

You don't have to worry about the interest rate on the cards if you pay your balance off in full every month. 

I do think you have to be careful though with these payments.  You start putting things on, a little bit here and there and the next thing you know, you could end up with one heck of an amount due every month. 

I don't like payments stretched out over the course of 5 or 6 months.  I'd only do that if I was ordering some really big ticket item and I've never ordered a really big ticket item from any shopping channel.   I also think if you need a spread sheet to keep track of payments, there's a problem.      

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITA!  The minute I heard this about 3EZP for cardholders, it reminded me of an article I recently read about the Q buying Zulillly. That's a big acquisition and I'm sure is costing them a lot of money. I like Zulilly, I shop there regularly...I don't want to see it change...but, am afraid it will. 

Then there's the 3 EZP "perk" for cardholders. Ladies, this isn't a perk....it's another way for them to make money along with the issuing bank. Also, I've noticed just in the last few days that there is LESS EZP on the Q all around. But alas, get our card with high 20's percentage interest rate and we'll take care of you. That's great for those disciplined to pay off the card completely each month. But I can see the potential for disaster for people who pay the minimum amount due?

I've also noticed in the last week...less EZP generally all around, on the site. So as to encourage people to apply for the card. I will stick with my Amex, which requires one to pay off each month. It keeps me in a reality check and not to overspend. I believe the Q will have less and less EZP for everyone else out there who chooses not to get a credit card and a high 20's %, interest rate. They will become "preffered customers". HSN has perks for theirfgvv. cardholders but it's just an extra EZP here and there. Almost everything there is on EZP on a regular basis. Rumors have been flying for years about the merging of the two companies. That's the day, I go back to regular online shop sites. HSN was the first and the original shopping channel. It. Has its own way of doing things that work. I would hate to see the Q pick it up and turn it into a carbon copy. k

The the EZP every day for cardholders, it isn't for the customers; that's a "perk", QVC invented for its own benefit, not the customers.

Honored Contributor

I don't have a Q Card and I only use Easy Pay for big ticket items like lap tops.  It sounds like Q wants more Q Card accounts.  I don't need one but it might be a good deal for some people.

Trusted Contributor

I do not understand why anyone would want a Q card or the like? It offers you NOTHING. Easy pay is NOTHING....  customers are so jaded to think it is. 

They have a ridiculously high interest rate for those that stupidly carry a balance. 

Why not get a credit card like discover that gives you money back with each purchase?? I use my discover card, pay it off each month and get free money. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I think it's great for people who need the EZ Pay although it seems like most items already are at some point.  I'm personally not a big fan of store credit cards.  I have one major cc that I pay off in full every month and earn points with.  Now if the Q ever does one with free shipping....I may have a card number two.  

Me, either ..... and I'm really surprised that so many people have Q cards!

....maybe there aren't a lot of Q card holders and this Easy Pay thing is to get people on board.  So, they can over spend for the holidays....lol

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@ChillyTulip wrote:

QVC must be hurting badly for sales

I don't know if that's that.  It could also be people's preference to use credit cards that give a cash rebate back - that's what I've been doing rather than using my Q Card.  However, this new policy will give me incentive to use my Q card more often if I'm purchasing (although not to buy more than I would have bought anyway) rather than use a credit card that gives me a percentage  cash rebate back.

(I also use Ebates for rebates, which isn't really relevant here). 

@Pearlee

You should give MrRebates a try. I always check MrRebates and Ebates to see which one is paying more and MrRebates wins almost every time.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I'm betting it's a Christmas gimmick to spur spending.  Big box stores will be starting earlier this year ( on news).  I've never had a Q card and this option for easy pay is not an  enticement.