Honored Contributor

NEW GOOGLE INFORMATIONAL SITE FOR COVID-19

[ Edited ]

The new Google site that was touted in one of the Covid-19 Task Force pressers is now up.  It has lots of current information, the usual referrals to CDC.gov, etc. and resources that people can access.

It's very well laid out, I think, and so easy to navigate.

https://www.google.com/covid19/

ETA--  It even has workouts, easy stress relief strategies, and recipes for meals you can make with non-perishables from your pantry, all helpful during this period.

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW GOOGLE INFORMATIONAL SITE FOR COVID-19

Whoa, from the recipe section--  "chickpea meringues"??

That enthusiastic French guy almost has me believing....

Honored Contributor

Pro:

Its good things are somewhat consolidated

Con:  

Several of workout/recipe links are personal YouTube channels.  

Those individual accounts will ultimate make ALOT of $$$

from projected millions of views...really any acct they choose.

At this point, the website doesn't offer anything new.

CDC.gov.

@Oznell 

Chickpea juice is called Aquafaba. A chef 'discovered' the use

for this several years ago. With meringues you need to add alot

of sugar, etc. My PB community uses it as an egg substitute. 

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, those meringues do have an almost otherworldly aspect to them.  I foresee a fair amount of "pantry cooking"-- which I enjoy anyway--  in my immediate future.

The site repeatedly links to CDC.gov, among others,  with all the important info and resources.  I enjoy the "extras" they have at the bottom too--  especially food and activity-related.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

The "things you can do at home" link led me to Apartment Therapy's  "94 Fun Things To Do At Home".....  

Hmmm, how come I never thought of making air-dry clay bowls pressed with lace?

Some of the other suggestions are spot-on.

Respected Contributor

...The internet giant GOOGLE said it worked with “relevant agencies and authorities” to roll out the site --which went live on the web late Friday offering education, prevention and local resources related to the novel coronavirus.

At the top of the site, there’s an information box describing virus symptoms, treatment and prevention tips from the World Health Organization. Google also included links to state departments of health across the U.S., search trends related to Covid-19, and other resources for individuals, educators and businesses.

“Launching today in the U.S., the site will be available in more languages and countries in the coming days and we’ll update the website as more resources become available,” Google said. “Along with our other products and initiatives, we hope these resources will help people find answers to the questions they’re asking and get the help they need.”

As the distributors of most online information, Google and other internet giants have been called on to help by limiting misinformation and highlighting trustworthy sources....

~Bloomberg

Honored Contributor

That isn't from the task force. But this is still good information. Glad to see Google trying to get good information out there.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the added info, @MorningLover -- it's great to amplify and spread the word!