Valued Contributor

@MyGirlsMom and @bebe777: My mom wears First and I love it! I always look for it whenever I'm in a department store. I'm glad it's not oversold; I don't want every woman on the street to smell like my mom. She'll get a warm fuzzy when I tell her about you gals on here.

Valued Contributor

Several months ago I wrote on these boards that I would like a fragrance sample card included in my bill or with an order. Nest, Tova, Philosophy, to name a few, intrigue me. But like many of you have stated, "no sample, no buy." I was taken aback by the vehement disagreements I received. Posters shouted at me in all caps. They would "never buy from the Q again if those obnoxious smells were included in their bills!" etc. (Gee, I get them in my Dillard's bill all the time. I have the option to peel them open and smell them. Maybe it's done differently in other parts of the country.) Shoot...even if a fragrance doesn't smell like something I'd purchase, I put the sample at the bottom of my trash can or in my basement. 

Honored Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

Several months ago I wrote on these boards that I would like a fragrance sample card included in my bill or with an order. Nest, Tova, Philosophy, to name a few, intrigue me. But like many of you have stated, "no sample, no buy." I was taken aback by the vehement disagreements I received. Posters shouted at me in all caps. They would "never buy from the Q again if those obnoxious smells were included in their bills!" etc. (Gee, I get them in my Dillard's bill all the time. I have the option to peel them open and smell them. Maybe it's done differently in other parts of the country.) Shoot...even if a fragrance doesn't smell like something I'd purchase, I put the sample at the bottom of my trash can or in my basement. 

Seriously??? The things some people get all up in arms boggles my mind. Throw the ****** thing away if you don't like it but to say you would never buy from a  company again that may include that in their bill is really just over the top and, frankly, ridiculous. They must never read a magazine because they have tons of "obnoxious" smells in them, lol, even my mom's Good Houskeeping magazine has them!

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Perfume is so personal.  After menopause I could hardly stand any fragrance.  I have been using Philosophy Pure Grace for years.  However I went to Sephora and smelled midnight fleur and bought the rollerball.  I love it.  I keep wanting to smell my wrists.  To me it smells warm and inviting without being icky sweet or too heavy.  I know a lot of people hate it.

@chiclet

I love Pure Grace and have also been wearing it for years. I do not care for Amazing Grace at all.  I also wear Cashmere Mist and Orange Blossom by Jo Malone.  I used to wear L'air Du Temps and I have found I do not care for it anymore.  In high school I wore Shalimar and I do not like that either.  I guess we change as we age.  

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

Perfume is so personal.  After menopause I could hardly stand any fragrance.  I have been using Philosophy Pure Grace for years.  However I went to Sephora and smelled midnight fleur and bought the rollerball.  I love it.  I keep wanting to smell my wrists.  To me it smells warm and inviting without being icky sweet or too heavy.  I know a lot of people hate it.

@chiclet

I love Pure Grace and have also been wearing it for years. I do not care for Amazing Grace at all.  I also wear Cashmere Mist and Orange Blossom by Jo Malone.  I used to wear L'air Du Temps and I have found I do not care for it anymore.  In high school I wore Shalimar and I do not like that either.  I guess we change as we age.  

Jo Malone makes some of my favorite fragrances. I also enjoy Orange Blossom as well as Grapefruit.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____