Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

I had been really intrigued by the Nest line, simply because of the beautiful drawings on the bottles. While I would never purchase a fragrance until I had had the opportunity to try it, the presentation bottles really captured my attention. 

A few months ago, I was able to try four of the Nest fragrances at Sephora. Well, that sure burst the Nest bubble. All four fragrances smelled cheap to me... like something that a home fragrance creator would create... and, of course, that's where Slatkin home fragrances all started. 

I realize fragrance is a very personal thing, so I've included the perfumes that I do wear: First (Van Cleef & Arpel), Must (Cartier), Fendi (the original one), Chloe (the original one), Narcisse (Chloe), Shalimar, and Obsession. -- I also occasionally were single fragrance extracts: AOC lavander de Haute Provence, Jasmine, and Ylang Ylang.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

"First" is my number one favorite fragrance of all time.  After that I love almost any fragrance made by Dior. @bebe777

@MyGirlsMom, thanks so much for sharing that!!! Smiley Happy Out of all my fragrances, "First" is my favorite as well. I've been wearing it for over 30 years. Smiley Happy 

Most people have never even heard of it, so I'm happy to find a fellow "First" aficionado. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

I had been really intrigued by the Nest line, simply because of the beautiful drawings on the bottles. While I would never purchase a fragrance until I had had the opportunity to try it, the presentation bottles really captured my attention. 

A few months ago, I was able to try four of the Nest fragrances at Sephora. Well, that sure burst the Nest bubble. All four fragrances smelled cheap to me... like something that a home fragrance creator would create... and, of course, that's where Slatkin home fragrances all started. 

I realize fragrance is a very personal thing, so I've included the perfumes that I do wear: First (Van Cleef & Arpel), Must (Cartier), Fendi (the original one), Chloe (the original one), Narcisse (Chloe), Shalimar, and Obsession. -- I also occasionally were single fragrance extracts: AOC lavander de Haute Provence, Jasmine, and Ylang Ylang.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

"First" is my number one favorite fragrance of all time.  After that I love almost any fragrance made by Dior. @bebe777

@MyGirlsMom, thanks so much for sharing that!!! Smiley Happy Out of all my fragrances, "First" is my favorite as well. I've been wearing it for over 30 years. Smiley Happy 

Most people have never even heard of it, so I'm happy to find a fellow "First" aficionado. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777

I remember my first black bottle...Smiley Happy

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I have requested from the Q test cards/samples of the fragrances before I buy.  No response.  True of the other fragrances they sell as well.  Nothing sent out for the ones from Ireland. 

Okay, no test samples, NO BUY.  The loss is theirs. 

I remember a while back HSN sending small samples of facial serum with my orders.  That was a good idea because I did purchase product because I liked the sample. It shows confidence in your product to send a sample. I purchased a few Marilyn Miglin scents without knowing how they smelled. One was a hit,the other a miss.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

Perfume is so personal.  After menopause I could hardly stand any fragrance.  I have been using Philosophy Pure Grace for years.  However I went to Sephora and smelled midnight fleur and bought the rollerball.  I love it.  I keep wanting to smell my wrists.  To me it smells warm and inviting without being icky sweet or too heavy.  I know a lot of people hate it.

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

A274481 is a set of small samples of all the Nest scent for $36.00

Only on the Q would you find samples for what would amount to $40. Woman Sad

Valued Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Perfume is so personal.  After menopause I could hardly stand any fragrance.  I have been using Philosophy Pure Grace for years.  However I went to Sephora and smelled midnight fleur and bought the rollerball.  I love it.  I keep wanting to smell my wrists.  To me it smells warm and inviting without being icky sweet or too heavy.  I know a lot of people hate it.

I love Midnight Fleur, too.  I bought a rollerball from Sephora and loved it so much that I ordered the TSV.  Warm is an excellent word to describe this fragrance.

Respected Contributor

I have suggested in the past that they send out samples in the packages or bills, etc.  I sure won't buy something that I haven't tried before.

I've smelled the Nest fragrances in Sephora, and can't say I like them.  I remember when QVC had their store in the Mall of America and going in there.  They had that Irish scent, Inis, and after all the hype about it, I tried it.  It was awful and gave me a headache.  Same goes for the Philosophy scents.  The hosts all rave about them and I tried them in Sephora and don't like them either,  Fragrance is a very personal thing,  A couple have mentioned First. That's one of my favorites.  I will stick with my good old tried and true favorites before I take the word of these showhosts and try some migraine inducing scent.

Esteemed Contributor

OK, I've searched for "Nest" topics on these boards and there's nothing really new so I'm adding on to this thread. My mom's friend has asked her to look for "Nest" at the duty free stores but my sister and I did some research and think that the friend should buy from Sephora or QVC. We did go to Sephora to show my mom there was more than one fragrance and we looked online so my mom thinks that it's the Indigo fragrance that her friend likes.

I think that QVC has some nice try me gift sets so that's what I'm recommending for her.

Respected Contributor
Sounds like a good idea
Respected Contributor
Same for me...started wearing First in 1978...drove the boyzzz wild:•D. Haven't worn it for long time...wonder if it still smells the same? Could a fragrance change on you if not worn for long time? I wonder?