Honored Contributor

I won't buy something I haven't smelled.  For years I wanted to try Inis because it "sounded" like a fragrance I would like.  However, I wasn't going to order it because I hadn't smelled it.  A couple of summers ago I actually sampled Inis at a gift shop.  It is now my go-to summer fragrance.  I love it and disagree with all the reviews stating it is masculine.  This goes to show you can't really order a perfume based on description or on its reviews.

The TSV is described as floral.  For that reason I won't purchase it.  However, if samples (even those cardboard sniffers) had been included in the Q packaging, say for the month of November, I might have given it a try if I liked it. 

Contributor

If qvc loses money on this TSV it's their own dang fault.  

Respected Contributor

It would be wise for them to send out samples.  I have also suggested this in the past.  Not sure why they don't do it.

Honored Contributor

I am mystified that QVC doesn't send out samples 4-6 weeks before a TSV as that alone would sell so many more units for them.

I know when HSN includes a sample in theirs inevitably I end up buying it if it is something that I enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

It would be wise for them to send out samples.  I have also suggested this in the past.  Not sure why they don't do it.

Dear Ladybug:

Actually, they did. I received a few  shortly after they first aired on QVC.

I still have them, but I haven't found one that I desire yet more than my regular favorites.

Sorry you never got to sample any.

Happy Holidays

Honored Contributor

I had been really intrigued by the Nest line, simply because of the beautiful drawings on the bottles. While I would never purchase a fragrance until I had had the opportunity to try it, the presentation bottles really captured my attention. 

A few months ago, I was able to try four of the Nest fragrances at Sephora. Well, that sure burst the Nest bubble. All four fragrances smelled cheap to me... like something that a home fragrance creator would create... and, of course, that's where Slatkin home fragrances all started. 

I realize fragrance is a very personal thing, so I've included the perfumes that I do wear: First (Van Cleef & Arpel), Must (Cartier), Fendi (the original one), Chloe (the original one), Narcisse (Chloe), Shalimar, and Obsession. -- I also occasionally were single fragrance extracts: AOC lavander de Haute Provence, Jasmine, and Ylang Ylang.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Ilovehummingbirds wrote:

Can you tell me anything about these fragrances and compare them closely to another scent you feel is close.  Thank you so much.

I thought they sounded interesting...so I sniffed them at Sephora.

They were too strong for me.

Honored Contributor
I think QVC considers the return policy good enough. I would never purchase these from listening to the descriptions on a home shopping network. If they sent samples I don't think they would gain customers. Many would not care for the scent just as redhead 87 indicates in the earlier post.
Respected Contributor

A274481 is a set of small samples of all the Nest scent for $36.00

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

I had been really intrigued by the Nest line, simply because of the beautiful drawings on the bottles. While I would never purchase a fragrance until I had had the opportunity to try it, the presentation bottles really captured my attention. 

A few months ago, I was able to try four of the Nest fragrances at Sephora. Well, that sure burst the Nest bubble. All four fragrances smelled cheap to me... like something that a home fragrance creator would create... and, of course, that's where Slatkin home fragrances all started. 

I realize fragrance is a very personal thing, so I've included the perfumes that I do wear: First (Van Cleef & Arpel), Must (Cartier), Fendi (the original one), Chloe (the original one), Narcisse (Chloe), Shalimar, and Obsession. -- I also occasionally were single fragrance extracts: AOC lavander de Haute Provence, Jasmine, and Ylang Ylang.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

"First" is my number one favorite fragrance of all time.  After that I love almost any fragrance made by Dior. @bebe777

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow