Honored Contributor

Re: NEED HELP WITH A BIRD ASAP

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I don't know.  It's all brown.  No color like a robin, cardinal, etc.  I thought at first it may have broke or injured its leg.  It does have one eye.  The bird doesn't keep its neck "straight" keeps it turned to side in a slight switching motion.  I got a box, put a towel in it and covered top of box (not all the way) with a small lightweight dish towel.  It's outside in the shade.  Thankfully it's a lot cooler today.  I don't know what else to do at the moment.  

@ScrapHappy 

Your description here sounds like possibly something neurological has happened to poor Birdie.

I think you are doing the only thing you can by keeping it safe from predators.

Don't take it personally if it doesn't survive, you at least saved it from a horrible death from predators.

You have a very kind heart, Birdie is lucky that you found her.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ScrapHappy     If it is  in pain.... call a vet and ask if you can bring it in  to be put to sleep... I did this with a baby squirrel... the vet did not even charge me. It is the most humane thing to do. 

I don't know if it's in pain.  No vets are open today.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I don't know.  It's all brown.  No color like a robin, cardinal, etc.  I thought at first it may have broke or injured its leg.  It does have one eye.  The bird doesn't keep its neck "straight" keeps it turned to side in a slight switching motion.  I got a box, put a towel in it and covered top of box (not all the way) with a small lightweight dish towel.  It's outside in the shade.  Thankfully it's a lot cooler today.  I don't know what else to do at the moment.  

@ScrapHappy 

Your description here sounds like possibly something neurological has happened to poor Birdie.

I think you are doing the only thing you can by keeping it safe from predators.

Don't take it personally if it doesn't survive, you at least saved it from a horrible death from predators.

You have a very kind heart, Birdie is lucky that you found her.Heart

I'll take care of it and hopefully will find someone tomorrow.  The only place/people I found that may help are not open today and my other concern is distance.  It's far away and don't think they will come.

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

See if there is a vet that specializes in birds that you can contact tomorrow.

I'm in GA too, Savannah, and we have vets here that specialize in birds, hopefully there is one in your area of GA as well.

But if not, any vet can assess Birdies health.

As another poster mentioned, we found an injured baby squirrel, took it to our vet who kept it to try to help it, but it died the next day, the vet didn't charge us anything.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy - There are emergency veterinary centers that never close. I'm sure you have one around. Try to find one of those, and thank you for helping!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy   Call a 24 hour emergency vet. They will take care of you if you explain that you need the poor bird put to sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

Please make sure it has some water available.

Maybe try an eye droper.

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

PLEASE FOLLOW @SeaMaiden's ADVICE:

If it is  in pain.... call a vet and ask if you can bring it in  to be put to sleep... I did this with a baby squirrel... the vet did not even charge me. It is the most humane thing to do. 

Trusted Contributor

Please call one of the 24 hr emergency vets. 

Respected Contributor

I am going to start another thread in Community Chat with the bird updates.