Honored Contributor

Re: NEED HELP TO DELETE PERSONAL INFO

I did remove some of my info from sites but there is still a ton of it out there that I can easily find. Some sites have a way to delete your personal info but many do not. It should be illegal.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Privacy is like gun control.  Its too late to do anything about either because the damage is already done and it's all out there and can't be recinded or recalled.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Don't even look at Clustrmaps. You hair will curl!!!

(there is no "E" in the site name)

Esteemed Contributor

Through FOIA these sites  obtain your info. You have to  look for the link at bottom of each of the sites web page to Opt Out , it's a lot of rigmarole to  have your info not visible, but then abt 6 months -1 yr later the same site will  have your info visible again so you have to start all over again, There are now abt 1/2 dozen of these sites that publish your info that includes driving history, credit info, address , age, birthdate,  family members , property records. It's endless. 

Trusted Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Through FOIA these sites  obtain your info. You have to  look for the link at bottom of each of the sites web page to Opt Out , it's a lot of rigmarole to  have your info not visible, but then abt 6 months -1 yr later the same site will  have your info visible again so you have to start all over again, There are now abt 1/2 dozen of these sites that publish your info that includes driving history, credit info, address , age, birthdate,  family members , property records. It's endless. 

That's kind of like I was saying, too.

You can go to each of these sites and delete your info. but after a period of time it'll eventually just show up again. If not at that particular site, it will be at another one. 

You have to keep at it and keep removing the info. that you do find, and even so, some sites don't/won't remove it. 

Honored Contributor

The web is todays phone book with extra info thrown in.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)