Esteemed Contributor

NEED HELP ON HOW TO DO SOMETHING RE COMPUTER

I'll be the first one to admit that I am not very savvy when it comes to doing things with a computer.  My daughter has a picture on You Tube we would like to transfer to Community Chat and I know so many of you know how to do that.

So, I am requesting help, will someone please tell me how to transfer the You Tube picture over to Community Chat?  Many thanks in advance for the help.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: NEED HELP ON HOW TO DO SOMETHING RE COMPUTER

You might get more help if you have a mod transfer this to the electronics forum.  There are some very knowledgable people there.  Good luck

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You didn't say what kind of computer you have but I do know you have to save the picture to your computer first.  Then you can attach it to a post in the forums.

Honored Contributor

is the picture in a video?

you can copy and paste the link to the youtube video right into the response box.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 

@CalminHeart 

@Imaoldhippie 

I got a late start today but thanks to all of you for responding.  Actually, what I am attempting to do is take a picture from You Tube and transfer to my computer and post it here on the boards.  The picture I want to transfer is not a video and I'll take the advice of posting this in Electronics.  From there, with any response, I'll let her take over.  Thanks again everyone and don't let this awful virus depress you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Copy and paste it. Open the Youtube webpage that contains the image in your browser: Chrome or Firefox. Right click on the picture you want. In the right click mini menu that pops up there should be an option to Copy Image. Select that. Then go over to your post and right click and select Paste.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr