Occasional Contributor

NEED ADVICE IF I DID RIGHT THING IN GETTING PUPPY

I have 3 cats and an 8 year old chihuahua dog. Last year, I lost both my chihuahuas in a 3 month period due to illness. I was very depressed and so was my other dog. I just got a new chihuahua puppy and felt it might help me and my other dog. I told my daughter, and she nearly had a stroke! She said that was the last thing I needed was a dog. She had the nerve to tell me my house is already covered in hair, WHICH IT IS DEFINITELY NOT, and she said I got a long haired chihuahua to make it worse. She said I wil; never leave the house now!! I have no idea what she is talking about. She lives in another state a long ways from my and all I have are my pets. They mean the world to me. So do my grandchildren, but I don't get to see them much due to the distance. Because I took care of my sick chihuahuas to the end, she says I am obsessed with my dogs. I don't understand all of this, and she just said to me NEVERMIND, YOU DONT GET IT. I SURE DON'T GET IT AT ALL!!! She had made me feel terrible and i have cried and cant' sleep at night, and I can't even enjoy my new puppy. PLEASE, I NEED YOUR COMMENTS AND ADVISE FROM MY PET LOVERS. THANKS!!!!