Respected Contributor

I can tell you not to buy a Kenmore.  Had a french door on top and pull out freezer on the bottom.  Nothing but problems from day one.  Should of returned it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4allDoes yours have an icemaker?  Those are VERY noisy.......actually annoying......rattling, cracking, filling, dropping........

The one that sounds fancy is the one , I believe QVCaddiction, said her daughter bought for $4500!!!  It sounds like it has a computer in it that keeps track of things!  I am always afraid that thing will go wrong with all the bells and whistles.

I ended up liking the water and ice in the door, especially in Florida.  I used it several times a day.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs

icemaker?   No...just a plain old freezer on top, plain old fridge on bottom, and I warned my husband to be gentle when he puts the milk etc in the door so pieces don't fall off!

Esteemed Contributor

I had to get a new Fridge and washing machine this year. Both were from Sears. They lasted over 20 years. Just plain-freezer on top. Washing machine seems noisier than the old one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all  I know, everything is plastic.  We bought a fridge a couple years ago for up north here.  First thing off the truck, it had a huge dent in the door.  The driver acknowledged it and called Lowes.  They said they would send a new one, but had to order.  They said to leave it until the new one came in.  Well, they honored that.   Shortly after that, the compressor went out and that had to be replaced.  That was under warranty and didn't cost anything.  It still is working, but it is the noisiest thing I have ever heard.  It is a Maytag.

The one we replaced is a side by side that is running in our garage as I type this.  We use if for overflow in the summer.  That has got to be 25 years old.  We had to replace the hinges on the doors because they weren't sealing.  I asked the repairman about using it as an extra fridge because of it being old and using a lot of power.  He said "just use it.  it isn't using that much more than the new ones."  So we are and never noticed a big jump in our electric bill. 

I know what you mean about closing the door.  The old ones felt solid.  The new ones feel hollow and rickety.

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1 I bought a new washer and dryer in Florida 3 years ago.  I picked out the simplest, no frill, top load set that they had.  So far, no problem, but they are noisy.  Plus, I don't think they make a washer anymore that you can stop mid cycle to add clothes or just let them soak.  If you stop the cycle, it drains.  A man must have thought of that.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs

Day 3-fridge still running.........

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all  Isn't it sad that we even have to think about things like this?  Did you say you have a 5 year warranty?  Is there a window when it can be returned if it stops working?

I keep thinking about having to live out of a couple coolers when we get back until we can set up a delivery.  There is the two of us, but we have Big dog that I cook for because he has digestive issues.............it is is always something LOL.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs

Five year repair contract!  Coolers work.......Look at it this way, while you're heading for southern warmth, we're heading for cold - I don't want to get too graphic because I don't want to bum people out!

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all  I'm a bit dense, but "bum people out"??