Honored Contributor

The governor has ordered masks for everyone in Hope's of stopping the virus and opening schools. 

Hopefully,  this will flatten the curve.

Respected Contributor

Re: NC Now On Mandentory Masks

I know so many people are opposed to wearing masks BUT it does work and so does social distancing.  So if the WHOLE  country did this it seems to me that we can fight this thing and keep it in check until the vaccine is ready-which will be quite awhile from now.  Too bad so many states fought this concept despite the urging from doctors and scientists.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG : It seems that if everyone would just suck it up, this virus could actually quit being spread and go away.

Unemployment and hospitalizations would also go down.

So much suffering and wearing a mask in a crowd is such a simple thing to do for everyone.

Trusted Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@ECBG : It seems that if everyone would just suck it up, this virus could actually quit being spread and go away.

Unemployment and hospitalizations would also go down.

So much suffering and wearing a mask in a crowd is such a simple thing to do for everyone.

Key words:  "to do for everyone"

Esteemed Contributor

Wearing masks should be made a national mandate. Period. Lack of national leadership is literally deadly.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My heart goes out to our medical workers. When you give your best and your all and people won't help themselves - how discouraging. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

This is a State issue and Governors should be responsible for their States.  If they need help, then they ask the Federal Government. 

Esteemed Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

This is a State issue and Governors should be responsible for their States.  If they need help, then they ask the Federal Government. 

Actually it is a multi-state issue.  My state was under stay at home orders but two border states jumped the gun and opened most businesses including restaurants, movie theaters, and other entertainment venues,

Of course some in my border county couldn't wait to cross the border and take advantage of the open restaurants and theaters and bars.  Within three weeks we went from one case (a visitor) to more than 50.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Mandatory masks in Washington State starting tomorrow.  There is already a lot of chatter about it being against people's constitutional rights to have to wear a mask.  I wish some of these states would shut back down before it gets any worse for them.  

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

"Lack of national leadership is literally deadly". Your meaning is very clear to me. Why not just add that name in this post?

You actually think, as some cities are burning, masks are going to be a priority, what citizens arrests?  

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)