Super Contributor

i did not get really excited about this until i saw the name Jonathan Ryes Myeres!!{#emotions_dlg.wub} i have missed seeing him since The Tudors ended! those eyes!!!!!

-----------

NBC's Dracula drama series is starting to take shape, adding two key players to its cast.

Merlin's Katie McGrath and Game of Thrones' Nonso Anozie have joined the 10-episode drama as series regulars, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The series, which bypassed the traditional pilot stage, takes place in the 1890s and finds Dracula (The Tudors'Jonathan Rhys Meyers) living a double life in London as an American businessman interested in bringing modern science to Victorian society. But his true plan -- to exact revenge on those who burdened him centuries ago -- is derailed when he falls in love with Mina (Arrow'sJessica DeGouw), who seems to be a reincarnation of his dead wife.

McGrath will play Lucy Westenra, Aristocratic London's sexy, social butterfly with a penchant for gossip, flirting and all things glamorous. She's Mina's best friend, who eventually becomes tied up in a web of lies, lust and temptation that challenges their relationship.

Anozie will play R.M. Renfield, Alan Grayson's (aka Dracula) loyal confidante, who's the keeper of Dracula's secrets and the stabilizing force that allows his two personas to co-exist.

Based on a script by co-exec producer Cole Haddon, Dracula will be exec produced by former HBO Films president Colin Callendar for Playground, Tony Krantz (24, Sports Night) for Flame Ventures and Gareth Neame (Downton Abbey) for Carnival Films, a division of NBCUniversal International Television Production, Dan Knauf (Carnivale) and Universal Television. Sky's Anne Mensah, head of drama, will serve as commissioning editor.

McGrath, whose credits also include an episode of The Tudors, is repped by The Rights House and Luber Roklin; Anozie who played the extravagant Xaro Xhoan Daxos onThrones, is with Garricks and Principal Entertainment New York.

NBC is eyeing Dracula for fall 2013.