Esteemed Contributor

Re: NBC reports Alex Trebek Dead at 80 After Battling Pancreatic Cancer

@Lucky Charm - In Jeopardy's announcement they said they will not be naming a replacement host now.

Since episodes with Alex will run until the end of December, maybe they will announce it in the new year.

Honored Contributor

I'm just shocked.  I haven't had the tv on all day and have only just learned this by coming on the forum.

I thought he looked fairly well in recent episodes of "Jeopardy" and said so to my DH, who agreed.  It shows you how much effort he put into continuing with his work, right to the end.

I recently read his autobiography ("The Answer Is...") and really enjoyed it.  A truly good and decent man who will be missed.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee I thought he looked a little peaked for the last few shows and a couple of times, his voice seemed weak. I have been a jeapardy fan since the Art Fleming days in the 1960s. Alex was special. I will miss him. No one can take his place.

Trusted Contributor

A very brave man.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

I just saw the executive producer of Jeopardy on CNN. He said that Alex had surgery two weeks before his final show taping. No one could believe he came back to work like that.

He also said that Alex made comments about the importance of love and family at the start of the show taping that made them all cry. 

My Mom loved Jeopardy so much. She would watch it every night, and ask me to watch it with her. Both lost their lives to cancer now💔 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I didn't know that Pat Sajak and Alex Trebek were friends.  Pat tweeted out a sweet message about his friend:

"Alex Trebek’s courage, grace and strength inspired millions and awed those of us who knew him. A tremendous loss for his family, friends, co-workers and countless viewers. I was honored to be a friend and a part of his professional family for all these years. A very sad day."

Esteemed Contributor

There was a nice tribute to him before the start of today's show. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix