Honored Contributor

Re: NBC reports Alex Trebek Dead at 80 After Battling Pancreatic Cancer

I'll take really sad news for 100. Woman Sad RIP

We need to devote even more research to beating pancreatic cancer. There has to be a way.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

ARe: NBC reports Alex Trebek Dead at 80 After Battling Pancreatic Cancer

Alex fought the fight against such a horrible disease and I thought he just might win.  I am so sorry to hear he has passed.  I know many people watch Jeopardy and will miss him.  Jeopardy endured in part because of Alex's presence.

May he be with God and at peace.  

Respected Contributor

Re: ARe: NBC reports Alex Trebek Dead at 80 After Battling Pancreatic Cancer

[ Edited ]

I am so sorry to hear that Alex has passed away.   I didn't watch a lot of Jeopardy but I've tuned in every so often and he had been looking pretty good.  

Last week I did catch an episode and I noticed that for the first time that he was looking frail.  What really caught my eye was that his voice was raspy.  That was the first time that I had noticed that.

Even though I was so hoping that he would survive longer I have to say that he made the most of the time he had left and passed from this world with grace and dignity.  

He will be remembered as a good and decent human being.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ARe: NBC reports Alex Trebek Dead at 80 After Battling Pancreatic Cancer

[ Edited ]

For the definition a wonderful man, just look up Alex Trebek.  I don't know of anyone who ever said anything bad about him.  What an asset to the human race.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Free of illness and pain, fly with the Angels, Alex, and RIP🌷🌹💕

Honored Contributor

We just have to find a cure for all cancers.  We have to!!!

Honored Contributor

Alex faught the cancer to the end and kept working.  He is at peace now.  Loved by so many.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I know he spoke of being tired of the sickness from the treatments and said he knew when enough was enough.

When he returned from hiatus, I saw a very sick man.  He dressed well and spoke as good as he could (his diction--always amazing), but he looked very ill.

I feel sorry for the contestants who were *next up* and even the ones who were part of his last show.  I guess it will be painful to watch the last shows knowing he was going.

Do we know what's going to happen to the show now?  Has a replacement been picked?  I'm sure Alex would want it to go on.  Just hoping it's as good as what we're used to.

Trusted Contributor

😪😪

Regular Contributor

I've been a fan of Jeopardy since Art Fleming was the host in the 60s.  Alex Trebek was the best and will be sorely missed.  He went out with grace and dignity.  He was a class act.  May he rest in peace.