Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Geraldo Rivera is trending on Twitter.  That will not end well for him.

Thank you Geraldo Rivera for that info-duh!

Wouldn't you know he just had to get his 2 stupid cents in.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Another idiot. 
He's probably next.

@proudlyfromNJ

OMG he's still looking for that 15 minutes of fame that never came to fruition.

Geraldo was always a second-rate wannabe in every way.

@Moonchilde

That he was and still is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@OfCourse wrote:

I have been wondering as well about whether his wife will kick him out.  She filed for divorce 10+ years ago but withdrew it.

I remember reading about her filing for divorce (and yes withdrew). She said something in it about his “cruel and inhumane treatment.”

ETA - it’s now in Newsweek if interested.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Oh man they really do never learn do they? . . . good grief.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Over on Tucker they just showed Matt on a hot mike telling a women co worker to keep bending over as he liked the view in her sweater. His tone was not joking more threatening or harsh. This was 2006 I think. In front of crew, production and anyone else on set. 

Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Over on Tucker they just showed Matt on a hot mike telling a women co worker to keep bending over as he liked the view in her sweater. His tone was not joking more threatening or harsh. This was 2006 I think. In front of crew, production and anyone else on set. 

And viewers in Kansas, apparently.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Here’s a nice little cop-out (which I assume is common):

NBC brass has categorically denied that current management knew anything about the allegations. If “current management” was hired after the 2014 allegations, they could get away with that technically. But IMO, that’s not saying much.  There was still NBC management in 2014 and before, and they knew. Whether they still work there or not, NBC as a corporation is responsible for the behavior of its employees. And it’s been reported that the incidents were reported to management, at the time, and were ignored.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I couldn't stand to watch Matt Lauer anyway.  He's always been a bit too in love with himself. 

Respected Contributor

Lauer began his career in Massachusetts and RI. He wasn’t an honorable man then and he certainly isn’t now. It seems that he has a very long history of this type of behavior. Sad for his children.