Honored Contributor

Re: NBC Fires Matt Lauer

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde

Edited

Having read the clearly present gossip articles on the internet about him, I’d say that the management must have had their eyes totally closed.

What I read (who knows if it was true) was that ML’S wife would not allow him to stay there if another female anchor (one in particular) was allowed to continue to anchor with him. 

So, it would seem to me that his past reveals his philandering tendencies.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

I worked in Rockefeller Center on 51st Street between 5th and 6th Aves. from 1999-2000.  I would always see the people gathered outside the Today Show with their signs every day on the way to work, and there was a pizza place I would frequent during my lunch hour that was directly across the plaza from my buidling.  I would see a lot of famous people during that time, and I vividly recall crossing paths with Matt Lauer.  He was walking very briskly with a woman and as we passed each other, I heard him spitting the most vile curse words you could imagine.  He was absolutely enraged, and I was shocked at the words he was saying.  I felt so bad for that woman with him, and I never looked at him the same way again.

Occasional Contributor

What I cannot understand is how these men explain their actions to their children, especially their daughters?

Respected Contributor

I haven't liked him since Anne Curry left the today show.  He just seemed arrogant.

Honored Contributor

@NCbeach wrote:

What I cannot understand is how these men explain their actions to their children, especially their daughters?

They don't. The daughters'  mothers do the talking.

Esteemed Contributor

And his co-workers are so, so surprised....people who have worked right next to him for years......they are just soooo shocked!!!!  They had absolutely no idea.........🙄

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

And his co-workers are so, so surprised....people who have worked right next to him for years......they are just soooo shocked!!!!  They had absolutely no idea.........🙄

@YorkieonmyPillow  Interesting point.  I don't watch CBS morning anymore for reasons left alone but I did tune in when Charlie Rose was dismissed.

I though Gayle and Nora looked stiff and almost forced in their remarks.  I didn't catch that they didn't really know; I saw those two as knowing but had to side with the accusers and they looked uncomfortable overall.

jmoymmv

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

To pretend you knew nothing and it was a surprise, should tell you all you need to know. How sad that we need to continue putting our heads in the sand and continue with the deceitful statements. I think this train has just begun to leave the station. More heads will roll.

Trusted Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow

What a bunch of bull that is!  Phonies.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Contributor

am grateful that sexual harassment is finally being acknowledged and punished. Women are not objects to be touched and grabbed at a man's whim.